Hecelenişi: would–be Türü:
için örnek cümleler:
(Üzerinde olduğunuz kelimenin anlamını görmek için 'CTRL' tuşuna basınız veya kelimeye tıklayınız.!
(Burada yer alan örnek cümleler 100 ile sınırlı olup daha fazlasını görmek için tıklayınız.)
- Destitute and desperate to continue funding his obsession, the aging King schemed to marry off his daughter, the firstborn Princess, to the highest bidder, for she had grown from a big-eared, freckled child into a young woman of renowned beauty. The King’s idea was a heartless thing if ever there was one: he commissioned to be made one hundred pennies bearing her countenance on one side–to show off her captivating smile–and then he had them delivered in ninety-nine handsome purple coaches to the richest lords and noblemen in all of the ninety-nine other kingdoms of man. On the back of each penny was an engraved script inquiring what each would-be suitor was willing to pay for the Princess’s hand.
- Snake charming - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia the first task a would-be snake charmer must tackle is to get a snake charming - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia the first task a would-be snake charmer must tackle is to get a snake.
- The would-be peacemaker is distraught. "Ay me, most wretched, to have my heart parted betwixt two friends who do afflict each other!"
- Independence is not only self sufficiency. Independence which is not recognized by others is not true independence. No actual nations in the world recognized Texas as a nation. And why would they? Keep in mind, far from being an actual nation, it was a mostly empty huge area with only a tiny number of people in it, perhaps 30,000. Plus there were Indian tribes and Mexicans who stayed loyal to Mexico, likely outnumbering the insurgents. Most people within "Texas" certainly did not accept the mythical authority of this would-be nation. Contrary to the fantasies of mythmakers, the US never sent ambassadors to Texas. The US government did send charges d’affairs, temporary agents that were just sent there to assess the situation. Some of these charge d’affairs were only in the insurgent area for as little as a few weeks.
- It is, alas, the case that few would-be censors are capable of intelligently reading or viewing that which they wish to censor.
- Then, scenting danger, and terrified moreover by the crowd which is gathering outside, the beasts stubbornly refuse to move. They huddle together with lowered heads, backing away from the opening and emitting the muffled, moaning noise evoked in cattle by the scent of blood. In vain their would-be drivers shout and goad them with assegais. Move they will not.
- Elryia had used that time, now that Lanyan and Gort were among them, to discuss her overall plan. When she had finished with Lanyan, he seemed enthused and even honored that she had chosen him above all others to train the would-be riders, yet before she even focused on Gort, the Dwarf seemed disappointed.
- At a distance they could not calculate they saw Tom Dillon and the rascal he was after, and also the flying horses. They were all bounding along a rocky trail, the would-be horse thief well in advance. Suddenly they saw this individual make a turn and disappear around some rocks. The free horses kept on, with the old miner after them.
- Terrified, i tried to scale the wall but it was extremely well built and offered no handholds to the unlucky would-be wall climber.
- But with weddings becoming larger, costlier, and more complex, many would-be newlyweds are turning to professional wedding consultants for help.
- Perhaps actual spies trailed him as well. He again heard a rustle nearby, a subtle crackling in the leaves that made him tense. Maybe Nilo, or some other would-be ally, still wanted to follow him into exile. Or maybe some would-be enemy wanted to make certain he would never return.
- Before I had a chance to dig in this morning, an e-mail alert on my computer demanded my attention. I opened it and sighed. It was a message from the National Abortion Rights Council. As a decade-long member, I agreed wholeheartedly with the group’s goals, but its intensity could be tiring. NARC was organizing an immediate response to the bombing plot, mobilizing its members to begin marching at noon from the White House to Capitol Hill. The demonstrators would demand a thorough investigation and try to shame the president into condemning the would-be terrorists.
- People age 65 and older could pay an extra $2,000 for health insurance if they’re excluded from Medicare, the federal health-care program for the elderly, according to the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation. Other government and private health plans would see costs rise as would-be Medicare recipients seek care elsewhere.
- Catching sight of him the moment he emerged, the buck stood for some moments eyeing him with sheer curiosity. Was this a harmless passer-by, or a would-be trespasser on his new domain of cabbages? On second glance, he decided that it looked like the noisy figure which had waved defiance from the top of the fence. Realizing this, a red gleam came into the buck's eye. He wheeled, stamped, and shook his antlers in challenge.
- I set about to do just that. I became the future king’s shadow, protecting the boy from any harm that came his way, from scorpions to snakes. We slept in the same chamber and I even thwarted an attempt on the boy’s life as an assassin entered the chamber in the dead of the night, only to face my claws of fury. The would-be assassin exited the chamber using the window, about a fifty-foot drop, because he could no longer see. The stop at the end was much more merciful than I was. It was my mission and I was bound and determined that this boy lived a long time.
- So I truly need the pilot to be heroic today, but just as we level off after the last roller coaster – SLAM! – my would-be superman hurls us into another pocket of unstable air. As we holler, bounce, and holler some more, I try to concentrate on finding an impossible calm wherein I might coax my subconscious into a more comprehensive look at my life to date. I leaf through images in mental scrapbooks in search of perfect moments, yet all I get are hazy flickers from my flat tire of a timeline, and blurred snapshots long since weathered by the hard facts of their aftermaths. Here in my mind, I see family photos that were once happy, but later tainted by Mom’s swift mid-life whim to run away with a sculptor and move to Rome. I see faces of boys and men who once had me dizzy in love but ultimately just left me reeling.
- My delight in the society of this young Squire Rattray (as I soon was to hear him styled) had been such as to make me almost forget the sinister incident which had brought us together. When I returned to my room, however, there were the open window and the litter on the floor to remind me of what had happened earlier in the night. Yet I was less disconcerted than you might suppose. A common housebreaker can have few terrors for one who has braved those of mid-ocean single-handed; my would-be visitor had no longer any for me; for it had not yet occurred to me to connect him with the voices and the footsteps to which, indeed, I had been unable to swear before the doctor. On the other hand, these morbid imaginings (as I was far from unwilling to consider them) had one and all deserted me in the sane, clean company of the capital young fellow in the next room.
- I'm not a great one for pride and dignity, I'm more on the side of fun and dancing and screw the consequences, and so I begin to dance too, not really caring whether I look foolish or otherwise. The audience approves. "Get 'em off!" shouts a would-be woodnymph.
- Spencer laughed. All the tension forgotten. Free and happy as a bird. It was worth everything just to hear this. The old fox out-foxed, deceived by his own would-be method of deception. He wanted to lift Raymond from the throne and hug him. Oh, you wonderful man.
- In due course the day broke--my marriage day. Leaving Indaba-zimbi to watch my would-be murderess, I went and fetched some natives from the stables, and with their aid bore Hendrika to the prison hut--that same hut in which she had been confined when she had been brought a baboon- child from the rocks. Here we shut her up, and, leaving Indaba-zimbi to watch outside, I returned to my sleeping-place and dressed in the best garments that the Babyan Kraals could furnish. But when I looked at the reflection of my face, I was horrified. It was covered with scratches inflicted by the nails of Hendrika. I doctored them up as best I could, then went out for a walk to calm my nerves, which, what between the events of the past night, and of those pending that day, were not a little disturbed.
- Shirakawa told reporters he did not discuss monetary policy with Abe, and that he only visited to pay respect. It is rare for a premier or a would-be prime minister to reveal what was discussed at a closed-door meeting with a central bank governor.
- While Telamon’s forces advanced to the hill he had chosen, the opposing army moved to the hill facing and made their camp there. Joff looked up at the camp and imagined Laird Alerick and his allies looking down at Telamon’s disposition in confusion and with some apprehension. The would-be king was obviously up to something but none of them knew quite what. They had the larger army and Telamon had not chosen the most defensible ground in the area, though attack was out of the question for him, given the inferior size of his force. They did not know what he was up to and that would make them nervous.
- Thrive on chaos, we subconsciously drive off any would-be friend and then wonder why we are alone.
- Although occasionally brave villains are found, as a rule ill-doers are cowards; and the would-be mutineers on board the Lion were no exception to the rule. The captain and his lieutenant noted those who on that awful night showed most fear, and they proved to be the very men Marston had mentioned. Even the boatswain, who was generally a bold fellow, evidently shrank from the performance of any duty of especial danger, and while the captain went aloft to cut away the topmast was not one of those who had volunteered to accompany him, though under ordinary circumstances it would have been his duty to perform the work.
- She unlocked the door and passed in, not without a comprehensive and an amused glance which took in the sober front doors of her new employer and her would-be employer.
- The first is that the only reason they exist is to give would-be book buyers a convenient way to check over a book's contents before making a purchase. To the consumer, I'm sure that this seems like a good and reasonable thing to expect. After all, if someone is going to spend their hard-earned money on a stack of papers, they might like to have at least a false sense that somewhere in the middle of that stack is something of value and importance. Yes, I'm sure that the consumer does in fact feel this way.
- "What needs I fear that?—we have a pair of stocks in the town!" She doubts that the would-be intruder will break into a wealthy man’s home in afternoon sunshine.
- Our caravan, consisting of the three vehicles belonging to the would-be picketers, Preacher Roy's truck containing the two of us, county patrol cars fore and aft, headed to the county seat fifteen miles to the west. Once there, we all would under go more questioning relating to exactly what happened.
- The story: in a far distant future, a would-be master race seeks to dominate the galaxy.
- Cautionary tale of a young would-be wizard who tries casting spells.
- In spite of my carefulness in this regard, Sapnabhairavi became pregnant. I learned this in late December. This threw my whole world into a spin. I was resigned to accepting death. I could probably live in shame after my failure with regard to Bose. But I could not in any way accept bringing shame to my parents, and to my fiance – not to speak of my mentor the PM. I could see news headlines on how Sir Henry Scott ‘ son and would-be royal bridegroom fathered a half-breed in India out of wedlock, with an ashram-living Hindu holy woman. I lost my head completely, and turned to the Devil for help.
- "Pray you, walk near," Flavius tells the agents, motioning for them to go into the house for a noon meal. "I’ll speak with you anon." The would-be collectors move inside briskly.
- In a one smooth motion, Tus slapped the blade from Kel's hands, wrapped his hand around the traitor's face, and thrust his head into the rickety wall of the shack. The would-be informant crumpled dizzily to the ground and caught one final glimpse of the massive Undermine soldier before being brought to a mercifully swift end with his own sword.
- There was a dead silence, neither of the would-be evaders of the enforced king's service moving, but listening intently for the slightest sound.
- Of course; and that is why he contrived the series of accidents, so that the death might appear to be due to misadventure. And that is why I, on my side, wishing to bring things to a head, asked you to tell him of Mlle. Darcieux's impending departure. From that moment, it was no longer enough for the would-be sick man to wander about the grounds and the passages, in the dark, and execute some leisurely thought-out plan. No, he had to act, to act at once, without preparation, violently, dagger in hand. I had no doubt that he would decide to do it. And he did.
- "I released a werewolf on the night of a full moon," Keon replied. "The wolf is one who is very fond of Aradia, a friend and would-be lover. I intended for their paths to cross."
- The would-be bride concurs—and so she bursts into tears. "Would Katherina had never seen him, though!" The lady gathers up the hem of her white-satin wedding gown and hurries into the house, followed by Bianca and their attendants.
- I hope you got that in writing, he responded, "because most of the guys I played with back when you were still around are in jail, have run off to South America with their eighteen year old secretaries and their client's trust fund, or are dead. So now what are you gonna do, smart guy? There ain't nothing left around here anymore except a bunch of greedy young estate planners, alimony lawyers, and would-be politicians. Why you couldn't get one of those pampered little pricks to wager on a round of golf if you gave them twenty strokes and tickets to see two naked Democrat politicians mud wrestle a pig."
- Supper was later on taken in hand. There was no lack of recruits when it came to doing the cooking; in fact, Elmer found that he had six enthusiastic would-be chefs to choose from, even Landy expressing a willingness to serve, as he had to hover near the blaze more or less anyway, and might as well be busy.
- Scheherazade, he said, "isn't it funny? I ask you, did you ever hear of a would-be murderess and her escaped victim being on such cordial terms? Did you?"
- "All right," sang out Bert, and the three hurriedly skirted the bog in the direction which its unfortunate victim had indicated. Sure enough, in a few minutes they reached a spot where the reeds thinned out considerably, and they could see the stranger. He was almost up to his shoulders in the soft, sticky mud, but when he caught sight of his would-be rescuers, he waved a hand to them feebly.
- His would-be son-in-law looked as though he knew very little about it indeed, although the inference was sufficiently obvious.
- The next day, in the afternoon, I saw him on the quay, and approached him. It was plain that he would have preferred to avoid me. It was impossible that Captain Len Guy, who knew every dweller in the place, should not have known that I was a stranger, even supposing that neither of my would-be patrons had mentioned me to him.
- When the train came along it proved to be crowded, for there had been a sale of public and private lands not far away and many of the disappointed would-be buyers were on board.
- "I am aware of that, that is why I am here," Ingar said simply. He did not need to hear the idle ravings of this sorceress. She did not see the sphere as he did. However, she might have different insights on the party of would-be invaders. She might know more of their intentions, more of their weaknesses which he might exploit. "What is it you believe will happen here and how will your followers strive to carry out your bidding?"
- The mob halted, shouting their displeasure, while more of the locals came trailing up. It appeared they would soon have several dozen would-be guests.
- I answered that I was and told him the story, adding that it was fortunate I had left the White Seal and the pearls in safe keeping, since without doubt the would-be thieves were Easterns who desired to recover them.
- They are not just employees of others - or even would-be cybernetic entrepreneurs.
- He becomes so focused on the glut of foes in front of him that he does not think for a moment to guard his back. One undead slowly slinks up, preparing to stab Alastor. Alastor swings wide, cutting down five undead. It is then that he comes face to face with his would-be assassin. The suddenness of the undead being so close makes Alastor pause long enough that the undead can think to strike.
- The first time Cal approached Hartwell during the day, he let it pass. But, the second time, he punched the would-be hunter in the face after Cal took an errant swing at him. Hartwell’s incredible vampire speed was too much for the above-average strength and speed of the 17 year-old Brewster. What impressed Hartwell on that first day they actually fought was Cal’s resilience and determination. Although Hartwell didn’t put everything into the punch that landed on Cal’s jaw, he thought it would be enough to send a message. That was, until, Cal stood up only a few seconds after hitting the ground.
- "I want you to move up first, but move swiftly," Holli requested. She then turned to the giant cliff behemoth. "If you will Dzeb, I would like you to follow the delver. You are the least vulnerable of us. The delver's speed and your size might catch any would-be attacker off guard, if indeed such an ambush awaits. I would guess it is simply Shayed's presence that Lauren senses, but I wish to take no chances."
- "I understand that she is the Major's would-be sister-in-law who arrived from England a few days ago. She is staying at the Government Guest House."
- Geret looked down. Crewmen had pushed the gangway out of the ship; it now lay across the dock, at the feet of several would-be passengers who were frightened and verbally insistent. He thought he even recognized caravan master Brem among them.
- Dominated by "the many baby boomers who delayed retirement during the recession," prospective downsizers exceed would-be "upsizers" by nearly 3 to 1, says Louise Keely, chief research officer at the Demand Institute.
- Oh, say! this is a good one,"" pleaded the would-be story-teller. ""It's about an old college graduate who was a regular fiend for football. He would undergo almost any hardship for the sake of getting to a game. Well, one time there was a great contest on between two of the big colleges, and although old Bixby nearly broke his back to get there, he didn't arrive until late. 'Say, how is it going?' he puffed to a gate-keeper. 'Nothing to nothing, middle of the second half,' answered the gate-keeper. 'Is that so?' returned old Bixby. 'That's good! I haven't missed anything,' and he passed in."" And at this anecdote there was a general laugh."
- "Really?" A wave of relief loosened some of the anxiety that had been constricting him. He pushed ahead of Jerry and climbed. When he passed over the crown, there below them, just as Jerry said, sprawled the clearing of the would-be second subdivision. A slash through the treetops marked the lay of Connecticut Hill Road.
- The chief came to a halt before the man with the bared parang. His face was livid, and working spasmodically with rage and excitement. He tried to speak, and then he turned his eyes upon Thandar, standing there bound ready for decapitation. As his gaze fell upon this prisoner his eyes went wide, and then he turned upon the would-be executioner, and with a mighty blow felled him.
- Then he took pains to show them just how it was possible to break the frenzied grip of a drowning person, that has so many times drawn a would-be rescuer down to a watery grave. Whether the grasp was upon the wrists, the neck, or around the body from the back, there was a simple method of shaking off the terrified one in order to clutch him unawares.
- Chalk one up to her husband. Now that he had brought it up she did remember Nilhanu mentioning the fact that a jorii only enhances the magic inside you. Well, so much for this thing helping them esca- wait. Then what had happened to the jorii? How did it hide itself from the would-be thief? Was it something that one of them did? Keeping this revelation to herself for the time being, she decided to practice on the marble in silence.
- Experts urge would-be homeowners to not borrow beyond their capacity.
- His heart went out to them. A pirate is not supposed to be emotional, but when it comes to the fate of one’s crew it is hard not to be. Yet now his main concern was to find his would-be assassin, the leader of the ninjas, and kill him first.
- The blond knight checked his would-be blow and dropped the point of his sword immediately. He looked up at the king with a bland face. "Your Grace?"
- Frank was wise enough to understand that it is always desirable to approach a drowning person from the rear, so that a grip may be taken before the would-be rescuer's presence is discovered. Once let those frenzied fingers clutch hold of him, and the chances of a double tragedy would be good.
- But the idea was not so easy to carry out, though for the moment the general was alone. The horse he rode was strong and fairly fresh, those of his would-be captors pretty well foundered, and, in addition, there was help at hand.
- The struggle that now followed was most violent, the Italian making the most furious efforts to free himself; but Frank was very large and strong for his years; he was possessed of bull-dog tenacity and high-strung courage, and was strenuously assisted by the other three; so that the union of all their forces formed something to which one man was scarcely equal. In a very short time, therefore, after the arrival of Bob and Clive, the would-be robber was lying on his face, held firmly down by the four boys.
- The platoon itself was a virtual collage of humanity. There were Blacks, Whites, Indians, Chicanos, a German and a Canadian, a former pimp from Washington, D.C., an aspiring boxer from Miami, a farmer from Iowa and a would-be hoodlum from Chicago. It was, in short, such a diverse assortment of contrasting cultures and life styles as could only be assembled in an American Army.
- Their house, in fact, though outside the compound, was close beside it and within the grounds of the company, being fenced off from the town by a high wire fence. The only entrance into this enclosure was an enormous iron gate through which all friends of the Drummunds or visitors to the compound had to pass, under the scrutinizing stare of the man on guard, who had also the right to challenge persons as to what business took them into the company's grounds. It was thus that De Beers guarded, and still do guard to this day, the diamond industry from thieves and pirates, and would-be members of the illicit diamond-buying trade.
- The pyramids were not designed to be climbed to the top by some future tourist and originally the sides were capped with a layer to make them smooth, and deter would-be adventurers. Even after thousands of years, the top section of the pyramid had some of this smooth capping left, making it difficult to get to the very top.
- At short notice he became unavailable but by deft footwork a late stand-in was found - david cameron, the then would-be tory leader.
- Across the street, a club security guard hops out and opens the back doors of the van. Suddenly, from the loading dock the would-be killers are pushed unceremoniously out and into the back of David's windowless white van. Its rear doors are slammed shut, and bolted. Several of Lance's men get in the van and it speeds off. One of the security guards stays behind and returns to the elevator room. He slides the door back in place and re-bolts it then unbolts the door to the club. Carefully he checks there is no other evidence remaining of what has recently happened.
- I'm about tired of this, he managed to drawl out in a would-be casual tone, and then he suddenly collapsed in a limp heap in Nealie's arms.
- When the last of the guns is dropped, the elevator resumes its ascension until it stops at the fifth floor. One of the security guards pulls open the cage. The would-be killers look at one another and at the muzzles of the array of weaponry pointed in their direction and abandon any ideas of escape.
- With a yell of pain and rage the man sprang back and stood waving the stump towards the people and staring at it wildly. In the confusion that followed I saw the victim slip from the hands of her astonished would-be murderers and run into the darkness, where she vanished. Also I saw the witch-doctor spring up, still holding the tray on which the cat was sitting, and heard him begin to shout a perfect torrent of furious abuse at Leo, who in reply waved his sword and cursed him roundly in English and many other languages.
- "Iz, three American nuclear subs, the Hazel Bishop, the Allen Funt and the Martin Luther King, will be lying off the Mediterranean coast, each carrying sixteen missiles, Polaris tipped with Lavoris. No reason an H-bomb can’t smell kissing sweet. They’ll be launched if necessary. That’s a promise from the tall Westerner I spoke to an hour ago. In addition, an entire SAC wing will fly—very ostentatiously—over the entire Middle East. That’ll give any would-be aggressors some second thoughts. Twenty thousand marines, gyrenes and saltines will be airlifted here by an armada of jet transports, cargo planes, B-56’s, 47’s, 36’s, 29’s, 17’s, Cessnas, Fokkers, Spads, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade balloons, the Spirit of St. Louis ... anything we can get in the air. In addition, I hear that one division from Fort Bragg is trained to stick big, feathery wings into wax molds on their shoulders and fly that way. If they don’t go too close to the sun they’ve a chance of making it."
- Sam told me a story about this one girl that he had the hots for and she couldn’t keep her hands off him, either. It was like being in high school again, as the two would-be lovers searched high and low for a location to consummate their unbridled lust. The gazebo was rocking, the cabin was taken, the utility shed was occupied, and even the TV room was full of people, well, watching TV.
- June 11.--My would-be slayers camped all about my refuge and howling for my blood, though keeping well out of my line of fire. So I to making me a ladder of ropes whereby to come at my new- found sanctuary. Determine to make this my bedchamber.
- Nervously eyeing each other, the would-be captors watched helplessly as their victim held up his right hand, still ignited. A large fiery orb appeared. Using the light from his chaser, he observed his attackers. All had swords, but none were drawn. They had instead opted to fit arrows to their bows. And, all three bows simultaneously snapped as they burned to ash. While the startled men looked to one another to figure out what they should do next, Steve’s gaze dropped to the closest man’s scabbard, with his sword still in it. It only took a few seconds before it was glowing solid red. The man howled in pain, scrambling frantically to get the red-hot weapon off his belt. The other two men went through the same ordeal, all howling in pain as their swords literally melted in their scabbards.
- The night, however, was disturbed no more by any outbreak. Those would-be jokers seemed to know when they had taken hold of what Bobolink termed the "business end of a buzz-saw;" at any rate they were only conspicuous during the remainder of the night by their absence.
- An antidote to the property porn on tv, and a cautionary tale for starry-eyed would-be property ladder climbers.
- Shadow did not finish the story he had started to tell. Unbeknown to him, Roger had come up behind, and was now on his hands and knees in the water. Luke gave the would-be story-teller a quick shove; and over went Shadow backwards, to land in the shallow water with a resounding splash.
- It was but natural she should take a most affectionate farewell of him, however, even though believing he would be in no especial danger, and a glimpse of the tears which his mother could not restrain caused an uncomfortable swelling in the would-be soldier's throat.
- With Hugh’s force and de Fougeres’ men, the rebels in eastern Normandy presented a formidable army and if all went according to the Breton’s plan, they’d have no problem wiping out the garrison at Pontorson along with William Longsword and his tiny band of would-be saviors. "The only trouble is," said Hugh with a wry smile to Haworth after the meeting, "part of de Fougeres’ scheme depends on there being an overwhelming amount of stupidity in the Pontorson camp. He’s the fool, Roger! Does he truly imagine that the Bastard, who is well aware of our numbers, will be tricked into rushing out of the fortress when he sees only forty men cavorting on the road? No! He’ll just have his bowmen make mincemeat of them!"
- It is also far less likely that an appeal will be brought once the would-be appellant has been returned.
- "Consider this: In his celebrated ‘Plowshare Papers’ Loxfinger never said anything that some of our would-be peacemakers haven’t been saying for years—with negative results, of course. Why then were the Arab leaders suddenly positive? Because ... they’re in on the whole devilish plot! I’ll swear to heaven a tiny clique of Arab bigshots knows exactly who Lazarus Loxfinger is. That’s why they pretended to swallow his proposals."
- By: michael holland the use of feng shui in the home is the source of some debate for many would-be home decorators.
- There is one important proviso, however: the would-be student must already be a manager.
- Mr Thomas Hartshorne she had found out--strange what wonderful perspicacity and knowledge of the means, standing, and expectations of wooers and would-be sons-in-law, mothers with marriageable daughters have!--was in a very good position, and was the presumptive heir to the present proprietress of The Poplars.
- As the elevator passes the halfway point between the fourth and fifth floor, the motor suddenly quits and the emergency brakes clamp the cage to a shuddering halt. The guys are caught off balance and one falls to the coarse wooden floor. A dazzling array of halogen flood lamps bursts from the landing above. The would-be killers are now blinded and trapped in the cage between the floors.
- No matter who actually perpetrates the pre-announced crime, the responsibility will fall on the would-be owner of the land and of the thought.
- He'll not answer you--so avast spouting, and let's have another turn at dancing! exclaimed Hearty, interrupting the would-be actor, and dragging him, to the side of Mrs Skyscraper, who did not refuse his request to dance another quadrille.
- HIS GRACE OF ANDOVER made a sign to the footmen, and with a sinking heart Diana watched them leave the room, discreetly closing the door behind them. She affected to eat a peach, skinning it with fingers that were stiff and wooden. Tracy leaned back in his chair, surveying her through half-shut eyelids. He watched her eat her peach and rise to her feet standing with her hand on the back of the high, carved chair. She addressed him nervously and with would-be lightness.
- For much of the campaign, Mr Bennett made the running, setting the agenda, declaring his unswerving rejection of the two-state solution, and pulling the whole of Mr Netanyahu’s "national camp" ever further to the right. A former high-tech magnate, Mr Bennett appeared to attract voters from beyond his core constituency of religious Israelis who have settled on the West Bank, the main bit of a would-be Palestinian state. Young people, not necessarily religious or settlers, seemed to admire the brash bluntness of his message coupled with his success as a businessman.
- nto a wide corridor of the castle, Othello and Desdemona emerge with their attendants after the sumptuous supper held to celebrate the would-be invaders’ destruction—and with further ceremonies in honor of the general and his new bride.
- Deft footwork a late stand-in was found - david cameron, the then would-be tory leader.
- I want you to move up first, but move swiftly, Holli requested. She then turned to the giant cliff behemoth. "If you will Dzeb, I would like you to follow the delver. You are the least vulnerable of us. The delver's speed and your size might catch any would-be attacker off guard, if indeed such an ambush awaits. I would guess it is simply Shayed's presence that Lauren senses, but I wish to take no chances."
- So easily enough, down went Mark, humming his tune again, and changing the humming to singing about the three ravens sitting on a tree, though in this instance, excepting the young in the nest below, there were only two, and instead of sitting, they were sailing round and round, croaking and barking angrily, the cock bird, if it was not the hen, making a pretence every now and then, to dart down and strike at the would-be marauder, who was descending to their home.
- I found afterwards that my would-be sceptical companion had his troubles too. But of these I knew nothing yet. One night, for a wonder, I was sleeping soundly, when I was roused by a step on the lobby outside my room, followed by the loud clang of what turned out to be a large brass candlestick, flung with all his force by poor Tom Ludlow over the banisters, and rattling with a rebound down the second flight of stairs; and almost concurrently with this, Tom burst open my door, and bounced into my room backwards, in a state of extraordinary agitation.
- Rommus jumped and shook his head at himself for not being alert enough to fend off some would-be attacker. He looked to his right where the voice had come from, and his breath caught in his throat. Beside him stood a woman of such stunning beauty that he was unable to remember even his name. He hoped she wasn't in a hurry to ask what it was.
- Button-down collars and leather caps are all would-be beatles or embryo donovans.
- Shadow did not finish the story he had started to tell. Unbeknown to him, Roger had come up behind, and was now on his hands and knees in the water. Luke gave the would-be story-teller a quick shove; and over went Shadow backwards, to land in the shallow water with a resounding splash.
İngilizce'nizi geliştirmenin en iyi yollarından bir tanesi çokça okumaktır. Bu amaçla Blue Sözlük size aradınız her kelime için bol miktarda örnek cümle sunmaktadır. Bunun yanında İngilizce internet sitelerini okuyabilir, anlamını merak ettiğiniz kelimenin üzerine gelerek anlamını görebilirsiniz. İngilizce bir internet sitesi okumak için tıklayınız.
- Aradığınız kelimenin sonuçlarını kelime listenize eklemek için işaretine tıklayınız. Listeye eklemiş olduğunuz kelimeleri görmek için ana menüden Kelime Listesine tıklayınız. Eğer kelimeyi listenize daha önce eklemişseniz, bu işaret şeklinde görünecektir.
- Aradığınız İngilizce kelimeler için örnek cümleler sonuçların hemen altında verilmektedir.
- Aradığınız kelimenin sonuçlarını word belgesi olarak kaydetmek için işaretine tıklayınız.