Hecelenişi: sec·ond Türü:
isim, sıfat, isim, fiil, zarf
ikinci derecede, aşağı; müz.
ikinci gelen kimse veya şey;
düelloda şahit veya yardımcı; oto.
ikinci vites: ikinci derecede mal, tapon mal; müz.
yan yana olan iki nota arasındaki fasıla;
şarkıda ikinci ses;
bir teklifi destekleme; f.
yardım etmek, ilerletmek, teşvik etmek;
parlamentoda bir teklife katıldığını ilân etmek. z.
ikinci olarak, saniyen.
için örnek cümleler:
(Üzerinde olduğunuz kelimenin anlamını görmek için 'CTRL' tuşuna basınız veya kelimeye tıklayınız.!
(Burada yer alan örnek cümleler 100 ile sınırlı olup daha fazlasını görmek için tıklayınız.)
- Standard Chartered slid for a second day after a New York regulator said it may stop the bank from doing business in the state because it handled transactions for Iranian institutions that are sanctioned by the U.S.
- The second court to deliver judgment could well find the case before it radically reshaped when the first judgment was delivered.
- The lonely highway eventually gave way to a tangled myriad of freeways leading into the city. Naomi wove through traffic, switching lanes and navigating the jungle like it was second nature to her.
- I disagree with with nick here, the 1st foul looked innocuous, the second barely worth a booking.
- The president is elected by popular vote for a six-year term (eligible for a second term, but not for a third consecutive term). Ministries of the government are composed of the Premier and his deputies, ministers, and selected other individuals; all are appointed by the President on the recommendation of the Prime Minister (whereas the appointment of the latter requires the consent of the State Duma). Leading political parties in Russia include United Russia, the Communist Party, the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia, and A Just Russia.
- "We were not fired on," replied the second Ducaz in black, "but our presence was questioned by the Chinese and American observers."
- Arriving at the address we found a car park and hurried inside. Poor Kassie shivered as we started up the stairs but by the second floor she'd warmed up.
- Gobye smaller gobies are short-lived, with only a few making it through their second winter.
- "Come. Try your hand at me," Rolin said.Cortibis’s two opponents stopped and looked at Rolin as if he were mad.Range shivered. Once.Everything stopped for a second and silence filled the area, as if the entire world had stopped to watch.
- Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho said Dec. 7 that he will fight for equal treatment on terms of Portugal’s bailout loans from the European Financial Stability Facility after Greece was granted longer maturities and a delay in interest payments. What he doesn’t want to do is follow Greece in asking for a second rescue package or writing down debt.
- It was a terrible moment. The ravine was there, unexpected, yawning, directly under the horses' feet, two fathoms deep between its double slopes; the second file pushed the first into it, and the third pushed on the second; the horses reared and fell backward, landed on their haunches, slid down, all four feet in the air, crushing and overwhelming the riders; and there being no means of retreat,-- the whole column being no longer anything more than a projectile,-- the force which had been acquired to crush the English crushed the French; the inexorable ravine could only yield when filled; horses and riders rolled there pell-mell, grinding each other, forming but one mass of flesh in this gulf: when this trench was full of living men, the rest marched over them and passed on. Almost a third of Dubois's brigade fell into that abyss.
- Friba, who asked that her second name not be used, says it all when she runs a manicured finger across her throat: "Once foreigners leave we won't even be able to go to the market. We'll be back in burqas. The Taliban are coming back and we all know it."
- The lid was lifted from the pot and a bouquet of saffron burst over the room. Inside, covering a flawless white crust, was a second menagerie of birds and animals, wrought from silver the thinness of paper. The server spooned impossible portions from the pot onto silver plates, one for Hawksworth and one for
- "Please have a seat," she then directed. "I hope things will be better between you now that Taf is returned to second form." They all sat, the aestri's smile now not easily misinterpreted, a show of cherry lips on smooth white skin.
- "To rule out any contamination that may have occurred during the first ELISA test, either when the blood was drawn or the test was processed in the laboratory. If you simply run a second ELISA on the same blood, without ruling out contamination, you could easily get the same wrong result the second, or third, time. That’s simply logical, don’t you think?"
- When she had finished her tasks she returned to find him looking stronger, but exceedingly drunk. His eyes had stopped bleeding, to her relief, but the whites remained crimson and his lips looked like he had eaten fresh blood. He was still too weak to walk, so she spent a second night on the open plains with him, which did not worry Bane. His exhaustion was so deep that he slept through it, and the wine helped. Mirra curled up close to him in a blanket, and woke several times, afraid of the things that crept about in the pitch-blackness, but nothing came near her.
- The acting was terrible, the dialogue was horrible, and the plot was stupid in the movie they picked. It was both Aradia's and Dax's second choice. Aradia had wanted to see a Paul Rudd romantic comedy; Dax's first pick was the Salem Film Revival showing of Dracula's Daughter. Instead they ended up with a lame remake of a movie which Aradia thought was originally based on a TV show.
- The tunes they first played later eluded her, but his voice enveloped, shutting out images that didn’t make her cry, only chilled her bones. Rose hadn’t been a squeamish person, but after Colin’s death she preferred not to see people bleed if possible. Sometimes it wasn’t. Petra had bled copiously after miscarrying Lovie’s baby and Rose’s children suffered cuts and scrapes, small injuries a mother could withstand. Rose and Gray didn’t know any of those things back in 1994, children living and lost not in their realm. Only each other; after a few tunes by Nirvana, The Gun Club, even Carly Simon, Rose had realized that not only did the band have a second guitarist, really a lead guitarist which no one mentioned to spare Michael’s feelings, but more. Rose had someone new to love.
- A second round of even more severe financial cutbacks affected the university in the late 1980s.
- She was sitting naked at his desk, the second bottle of wine half-empty between her knees: "Reading your Internet history files."
- Vasant Rao had already summoned the Rajputs and made assignments for the evening guard duty. Guards were to be doubled. Hawksworth remained astounded by the Rajput concept of security. A large kettledrum was set up at the head of the camp and continually beaten from dusk to dawn. A detail of Rajputs would march around the perimeter of the camp throughout the night, and on the quarter hour a shout of "khabardar," meaning "take heed," would circle the camp. The first night Hawksworth had found it impossible to sleep for the noise, but the second night and thereafter his weariness overtook him.
- Mike thought for a second and then got up from the couch and stood in front of Dalia, who had turned her chair around to face him. He lowered down to his knees and looked Dalia straight in her beautiful green eyes. "You know, I really love you, too."
- He also suggested that higher earners, such as physicians, create defined benefit plans for themselves or for their business, which could potentially shelter $250,000 annually. Redmond said this is a complicated and expensive move that requires an actuary. "Even if it takes you four months to set it up, it would save on the second half of next year's income, and that's probably worth it for some people," Redmond said.
- Also 2 double and one triple seat cushion and 1 double seat back for second class in same moquette.
- My tape player ran to a stop and I flipped the side over. This early in the evening the restaurant was quiet. Our second one-on-one meeting in ten days.
- Even with the armor, Cain is only an equal to Alastor. This thought infuriates Cain, causing him to find a second wind. Father beats son down; Alastor, unable to maintain his strength, falls to the ground, Lionkiller slipping from his hand.
- The crowd was in stunned silence as David’s second free throw floating through the air and ripped through the twine without the hint of engaging the rim. The crowd breathed a huge sigh of relief in the belief that order had been finally restored.
- The very second the poisoned arrow buried into his chest, Albert snapped awake. His weak heart pounding, he looked around sharply. He was back in his room. The morning was glaring through the open window near his bed. No ice.
- Mayor again a retired teacher has been appointed mayor again a retired teacher has been appointed mayor in his adopted town for the second time.
- The independence of Ethiopia was interrupted by the second Italo-Abyssinian War and Italian occupation (1936–1941). During this time of attack, Haile Selassie appealed to the League of Nations in 1935, delivering an address that made him a worldwide figure, and the 1935 Time magazine Man of the Year. Following the entry of Italy into World War II, British Empire forces, together with patriot Ethiopian fighters, officially liberated Ethiopia in the course of the East African Campaign in 1941, while an Italian guerrilla campaign continued until 1943. This was followed by British recognition of full sovereignty, (i.e. without any special British privileges), with the signing of the Anglo-Ethiopian Agreement in December 1944. On 26 August 1942 Haile Selassie I issued a proclamation outlawing slavery. Ethiopia had between two and four million slaves in early 20th century out of a total population of about eleven million.
- Ivy nudged me with her foot and my eyes flew open. I peeked out the knothole again, seeing that the second guard had moved into my line of view. My breath held in my chest as I looked at this new, stunning guard. Dark hair fell lightly across his face, but not far enough to hide his green eyes, which focused on the first guard as he waited for a response.
- He came to the first set of guards. Wearing his usual, callous gaze, he bowed to them, then passed by. Down the long hallway he traveled, waiting at the end until the second set announced him like they had hundreds of times before. When they returned and held the door open, he entered, taking a deep breath.
- They also include david prutton who came on as a second half sub for the england under 21s last friday against greece.
- The second phase, known as compass, is the procurement of a managed service through a private finance initiative contract.
- Bruce was having his best game of the season and his timing could not have been better. Eighteen points and six rebounds easily bested David’s 12-point, four-rebound effort. But the momentum of the game shifted once again as the two teams emerged for the second half.
- Richard's skin fell off in long strips, the light shivs slicing through it like butter. Sam's head went fuzzy, her upchuck reflex reacting once again. For a second time she fell to the ground throwing up. She simply couldn't stand the sight of any more blood.
- Glory! I rolled onto my back and put my hands behind my head. In a second my anger changed to a sort of glee — I had won!
- During my second twenty months my brother and I finally unlocked our next level to our powers. Giovanni’s new ability was to manipulate water and mine was the power over earth. We had to once again search for yet another Elementum Vox. I found mine in a cave in which I had created to escape the outside world. As for Gigi, he found his in a pond that he had created for relaxation. Mother appeared before us both simultaneously to inform us that our final twenty months will be coming to an end. She also told us that we had one more ability to master. It was said to be a mixture between the powers that we possess. The last thing she’d told us is that we’ll have to figure that power out on our own and all ways of communicating will be halted until the end of our third twenty month time period.
- Sian repeated herself. As soon as the words left her mouth the second time, Daron hauled her to the furthest corner of the room, close to a door. On the way he slapped both Sabyn and Rumal on the shoulder, giving them a look. Alek and a bewildered looking Cat joined them, followed by Elena and Yakov.
- "I will not give the English crown to a descendent of Genghis Khan," Liz vowed fiercely, even though that king would be her son. "Plus, the treaty will give the Mongolian Air Force bases in England to launch a second front on Free Europe and the Americas. For me to marry a Mongol means the destruction of Free Europe!"
- This second sample should be sent to the local reference microbiology laboratory for confirmation.
- "A second door led to his tower atop the mountain," Ceder continued, "and the third door handle was covered in dust, never used. I thought it must lead outside, but I guessed it would take me to the orchard, which Sorid told me covered one side of the summit; he must have been talking about the other side, though, because when I ran through that door all I saw was water."
- During the second half of 1940 at least eleven reconnaissance aircraft flying from french airfields are known to have operated over bath.
- After the second showing, she and her friends allowed their seats to lower and set off for the concessions stand, where they found the beaming proprietors of the cinema celebrating their opening day with chocolates and thick sandwiches and fish pies, and bottles of brown beer for the adults and bottles of fizzy elderflower for the kids. Valentine saw the cute boy who Leeza liked and tripped him, so he practically fell in Leeza's lap, and that set the two of them to laughing so hard they nearly didn't make it back to their seats.
- A tremendous black meteorite trailing flame and gray-blue mist arced high overhead, disappearing through the curtain. A second later Maggie felt the explosion as it struck the ground. There were others falling, many others, all from the same staggering source: Conor’s monster ice tornado had passed the islands and was approaching the shore just a mile or so south of the Pier to Forever. Wrapped like an angry god in the flames of the Omem’s veil, it spat mansion-sized ice chunks and the warships it had captured like a gargantuan spinning lawn sprinkler, the ice and the wood smashing into the earth after long, airy falls, the sound like a continuous barrage of howitzers going off all around her.
- Mid morning of the second day brought a scouting report from the ever-faithful Belemeriath. "We're being followed!" He smiled at his wizard friend.
- "Damn!" Captain Z exclaimed. "I can see at least four of the bastards firing at the bow from some crates near the end of the second row of cargo containers, too."
- Democratic staffer put second the soldiers of impeachment against the practical difficulties.
- ‘The,' (slice) ‘weedier the,' (kick) ‘better.' He sent the sword whirling out of the hand of the second one, and moved like greased lightning around to face the other two.
- Topic: conjugate type: keyword use: use conjugate gradients to optimize geometry, instead of second derivative based methods.
- The second of the four models comes the closest to offering an acceptable path forward in internet governance.
- At the end of the Ice Ages, estimated to have been around 10,500 BC, the Sahara had again become a green fertile valley, and its African populations returned from the interior and coastal highlands in Sub-Saharan Africa. However, the warming and drying climate meant that by 5000 BC, the Sahara region was becoming increasingly dry and hostile. The population trekked out of the Sahara region towards the Nile Valley below the second Cataract where they made permanent or semi-permanent settlements. A major climatic recession occurred, lessening the heavy and persistent rains in Central and Eastern Africa. Since this time, dry conditions have prevailed in Eastern Africa and, increasingly during the last 200 years, in Ethiopia.
- And the King was without voice, only a gasping mutter escaped his lips and he knew it would never make it down the long hallway outside his door. He should have used that one second he had to escape, rather than attack.
- A sharp pain on the top of my foot which is usually around the second metatarsal ( in line with the second toe ).
- It was rather unbecoming of a champion to have lost against lower rung players for the second day running.
- This was repeated during the second civil war in 1648, so our group includes both parliamentarians & royalists.
- The commander whispered his instructions, but with no less bark of authority. "Take two axe men. Return to the tunnel. Take the second exploratory tunnel and resurface near the sixth tower. Chop the support beams of the unfinished platform. When it collapses, return here."
- Ratsiraka's dwindling popularity in the late 1980s reached a critical point in 1991 when presidential guards opened fire on unarmed protesters during a rally. Within two months, a transitional government had been established under the leadership of Albert Zafy (1993–96), who went on to win the 1992 presidential elections and inaugurate the Third Republic (1992–2010). The new Madagascar constitution established a multi-party democracy and a separation of powers that placed significant control in the hands of the National Assembly. The new constitution also emphasized human rights, social and political freedoms, and free trade. Zafy's term, however, was marred by economic decline, allegations of corruption, and his introduction of legislation to give himself greater powers. He was consequently impeached in 1996, and an interim president, Norbert Ratsirahonana, was appointed for the three months prior to the next presidential election. Ratsiraka was then voted back into power on a platform of decentralization and economic reforms for a second term which lasted from 1996 to 2001.
- Life, Art, Religion Philosophy, all emotions and ideas, lie on the second curve. Not only are they outside your physical laws, they’re moving ever faster and more powerfully as time goes on."
- He parked and walked across the street to a high posted wooden structure. The main entrance was only partially enclosed and provided the option of an art gallery on the first floor and stairs leading up. Jonathan took the stairs that opened up to the second floor, a large room with a sloped thatched roof that also served as a ceiling. On the opposite side from the stairway was the bar which lined one of the three walls that made Ougadougou, the fourth opened to the outside and incorporated a large deck. The bar was an expatriate hangout in Kisementi with a mixed crowd. Jonathan recognized many of the faces and he sat down at a table next to Anne, a brown young woman who greeted him with a sarcastic smile.
- "The second step is the nurturing of the soul of the wand. It will get warm and it just might reach temperatures of high degrees, but don't let go. Third is the star of a midnight runner, a cast out star that has been forgotten for many years and needs a home. Watch for the strike of a beam of light, as it will hit your wand with a great force in a moment. Fourth is the good and plenty of charms. All that you will be will come forward in your head and your now-trusted wand."
- Wilson seemed to have no inkling that we were here for any purpose other than curiosity or to say hello. Jessie was knocked off her stride. "Looks like you’ve got quite a nice second career going with the TV gig," she observed.
- As he stood near the cassettes and read slowly through their titles, he congratulated himself for holding his tongue. And really, their selection really wasn’t that bad. Here was an older comedy album by Ray Stevens – his father found Ray hilarious, so Todd picked it up on the off-chance that it might amuse Edgar on the way home. Here was Quiet Riot’s second album, which he still hadn’t heard. And there – the crown gem. He held it up with trembling hands, gasping. Aerosmith’s album "Pump", which was probably the greatest album ever conceived and recorded. "This is absolutely awesome," he muttered to himself.
- It is strange that the thomson arms of the second and third quarters do not follow the blazon.
- Steve stared at the queen. "You’re the second person to do that to me. What’s the big deal? I know it’s an elemental jhorun, but I figure it can’t be that rare, can it?"
- "Where’s Dolabella, to second Proculeius?" Considering the desperate woman’s sensuality, a visceral appeal may be more persuasive. Attendants call for the young officer, well known for his strong effectiveness with women. "Let him alone; for I remember now how he’s employed," says Octavius. "He shall in time be ready.
- Mrd alone should be used as second line therapy for tia and is patients who are unable to tolerate aspirin.
- "I'm not exactly an expert on military planning," Aiden mused, "but I'm guessing that second arrow denotes a flanking manoeuvre. I guess Erag still had his doubts as to Bracksford's defences, and actually planned to use some tactics against them."
- From a window in a second storey apartment which overlooked the ward, Eleanor and Gwalaes were also watching the arrival of Robert Bolsover. "Are you jealous, Eleanor?" the other girl inquired. "Your husband just kissed your brother three times."
- Estechian's warriors nearly met Lanyan's head-on, halting at the final second and implementing their attack. Most on the frontline raised their blades to slash down, a few with room swung horizontally, and the remaining pushed forward with the tip of their blade.
- "I did so—and went further, which is now our point of second meeting. Do you find patience so predominant in your nature that you can let this go? Are you so gospell’d as to pray for this ‘good man,’ and for his issue, whose heavy hand hath bowed you to the grave and beggared yours forever?"
- Timing and rhythm through the second half of the show was a little awry, but the final sequence was very good indeed.
- Two second half goals from kenny miller secured victory for wolves against an already relegated rotherham side.
- "You do so much for us already Nel. I'll take the second shift, you just get some rest." Nellise smiled in appreciation, then threw another chunk of wood on the fire in preparation for the cold night ahead.
- Then the second packing began. He started with more gifts, these for port officials, mainly silver-trimmed knives and rings set with small inexpensive pearls. He also enclosed several boxed sets of English gold sovereigns, which the Company had requested be distributed as widely as possible, in hopes they would begin to be accepted.
- During the Oct. 16 presidential debate at Hofstra University in New York, Obama said that in a second term he would look into reinstating the assault weapon ban, something he supported during his 2008 campaign.
- The pulleys were actually an ingenious design. Jeralyle worried he would have to grip the rope obsessively with one hand as he hung her off the edge, else the entire thing may crash down to the second level. So he clutched and dug his heels into the ground, preparing for such an outcome. Yet it stayed in place, long enough for Jeralyle to stand and get both hands around the rope. It was only when he raised the rope up a bit did it slip off of its locks and begin creaking towards the ground.
- Keystroke level model is described in more detail in the second of the analysis technique sections later in these notes.
- During the second day, the elf-captain had even visited Trevor in his guest room, holding a scimitar and vest and stated they should spar again; Trevor politely refused, if only because he was terrified of sword-fighting hundreds of feet in the air.
- From a second col, about half a mile distant, came six weak flashes.
- If a house purchase arrangement involves the sale of one property and the purchase of another it will normally be most convenient if the two deals are concluded simultaneously. If this is not possible and the purchase of the second property is to be concluded before the sale of the first is completed then additional financing may be necessary. This is a 'bridging loan' & it bridges the gap between the two transactions.
- Andrew taylor, bass trombone born in 1988 he joined the band in 1999 on second trombone, taught by gareth churcher.
- In the second half nomads responded to the coaches l5: request for more passing movement with some very fluid play.
- "Well, but there’s no remedy. ’Tis the curse of service: preferment goes by letter and affection, and not by old gradation, where each second stood heir to the first. Now, sir, be judge yourself, whether I in any just terms am affined to love the Moor."
- Any and all that had not been hit by the eight trees Lornya had dispersed filled the second charge. Gort and Javal had moved their troops outward to hold them off, and their numbers were almost evenly matched. Each dwarf battling—and winning—against seasoned soldiers. Most dealt with one, some two. It was only Sarahlya who had more. Five total surrounded her, stalking and waiting to strike. Gort had wanted to aid her, but Lanyan—who had kept an eye on the Dwarf's back—was watching cautiously but not moving.
- "From the beginning?" Don and I asked in stereo. He nodded. From that point on, each time I put my head down or rested my head on my hand he would yell at me. After a half hour of watching it a second time for a total of forty-five minutes, I fell asleep sitting straight up. It didn’t last long because my head fell giving away the fact that I was asleep. Mr. Garner slammed his hand on my desk to wake me up, and I nearly fell out of it.
- She frowned. She turned and lay on her stomach with her head turned toward me. What? You have second thoughts? She asked. You don’t want me?
- Factious man after a first and second warning, knowing that such a man is perverted and is sinning being self-condemned.
- At this moment that terrible door, which Pierre had watched so long and which had always opened so quietly, burst noisily open and banged against the wall, and the second of the three sisters rushed out wringing her hands.
- Villa's hopes of getting to Wembley in the Capital One Cup were ended by Bradford, who secured a 4-3 aggregate semi-final win despite losing Tuesday's second leg 2-1 at Villa Park.
- "Sounds like a slot for a headquarters outfit somewhere. There’s the Hundred and Thirty second Signal Battalion at Dion, that would be the most likely place," Reichert guessed. "From what I’ve heard radio men have a higher casualty rate from hemorrhoids than bullets. You’ll probably spend your entire tour sitting in a commo shack relaying calls to the Colonel’s wife back in the states."
- We have simply set the cutoff equal to the minimum between the first and second peaks in the liquid radial distribution function.
- There was a yelp as one of the wolves was tossed into the side of the canyon with enough force that I could feel it from where I was lieing. A shower of sparks lit up the night as the second wolf dodged away from my defender, and then impossibly the first wolf was back and darting in as I heard jaws snap shut on something.
- The same day, a second pharmacy, john c robinson in cliftonville road, was attacked by a hooded gunman at about 5.30pm.
- seamen ran to begin rifling the second chest. Silver spilled from their pockets as the men poured down the swaying ladder into the longboat. As Elkington fought his way back toward the stem, he took a long last look at the half-empty chests, then began stuffing the pockets of his own doublet.
- Somehow, in the plane, he had woken at the last second and flown in like the angel he was and saved me. What made me more deserving than the others who didn’t make it? I didn’t see the difference, but the angels did. I had to make sure he knew that because of his bravery, I trusted him. "I owe you my life," I murmured as I stared down at my feet.
- A bouncer was escorting a tall, lanky dude with glasses from the VIP section on the second floor, straight for the door. I heard the dude pleading his case as they walked by. "I know she said she did four dances, but she only did three."
- Steve drummed his fingers on the steering wheel again. I’m named in their will? Did dad also get a letter like this? He pulled his cell out of his pocket and called his parents. His mother picked up on the second ring.
- The guards led Diane up the stairs to the main hall on the second floor. It was a long, bare room with whitewashed walls. A black crucifix with an ivory figure of Christ hung behind the two Dominican friars sitting at a table. Five young tonsured assistants flanked the inquisitors. All the men at the table wore white robes. Six crossbowmen in black tunics with red crosses stood along the walls.
- A hand settled lightly on her shoulder. "He is one of us, now, dear," Raven said. "Wouldn't do to hurt him on his second night."
İngilizce'nizi geliştirmenin en iyi yollarından bir tanesi çokça okumaktır. Bu amaçla Blue Sözlük size aradınız her kelime için bol miktarda örnek cümle sunmaktadır. Bunun yanında İngilizce internet sitelerini okuyabilir, anlamını merak ettiğiniz kelimenin üzerine gelerek anlamını görebilirsiniz. İngilizce bir internet sitesi okumak için tıklayınız.
- Aradığınız kelimenin sonuçlarını kelime listenize eklemek için işaretine tıklayınız. Listeye eklemiş olduğunuz kelimeleri görmek için ana menüden Kelime Listesine tıklayınız. Eğer kelimeyi listenize daha önce eklemişseniz, bu işaret şeklinde görünecektir.
- Aradığınız İngilizce kelimeler için örnek cümleler sonuçların hemen altında verilmektedir.
- Aradığınız kelimenin sonuçlarını word belgesi olarak kaydetmek için işaretine tıklayınız.