Ekler: lives Türü:
hayat, ömür, canlılık;
can, canlı şey;
zevk, sefa, cümbüş;
hayat merkezi, hayat noktası; ilah.
ebedi hayat, ruhani hayat.
için örnek cümleler:
(Üzerinde olduğunuz kelimenin anlamını görmek için 'CTRL' tuşuna basınız veya kelimeye tıklayınız.!
(Burada yer alan örnek cümleler 100 ile sınırlı olup daha fazlasını görmek için tıklayınız.)
- If, like students of a school of higher education, the vast majority of mankind were clothed in the same sort of social life and attained the same level, then all the schools could be united.
- "Oh, no! I will remain your friend, Dona! Only... only now, I have a great respect for you, what a harsh life you have endured..."
- My social life at Piedmont was another source of frustration for me. I never could get in sync with the women of New England. In fact, the only girl that I spent any time with besides Kathy O’Connell was girl from North Dakota named Nina Ashling. Nina was a nice girl and I was a nice guy, yet we could never find the right moment to be nice together. We had a brief connecting encounter in the beginning of my sophomore year at a party in my dorm. We went back to my suite and talked all night, and even kissed a bit in between. Since Larry always occupies our room, the physical activity remained light and the conversation went as well as it could on a few gallons of beer.
- "People like you ¬¬ the wilful sunbeams of life ¬¬ don't commit crimes, Dorian. But I am much obliged for the compliment, all the same. And now tell me ¬¬ reach me the matches, like a good boy ¬¬ thanks ¬¬ what are your actual relations with Sibyl Vane?"
- Like I said, I was first born a cat in Egypt, that is, it is this life that I first remember. My mom, Isis (named after the Goddess Isis) was beloved of Isom, a servant girl to Cheo who worked in the palace of King Akhenaten and Queen Nefertiti. Sounded pretty important the way mom said it, but it still boiled down to the same thing, pest killing!
- The female will produce 5-10 oothecae ( egg cases ) in her life time.
- Eibhlin wondered, "What keeps you alive in here? Hunger makes you most fearful to all after a full sting of your sharp spear. I see you are here to do me harm. If you poison me, I imagine the pain is excruciating!" Eibhlin lay motionless, an entangled prisoner, wanting to scream out loud for dear life.
- It was the same grotto where we now stood. The warm glow from the climbing ivory and roses formed a backdrop awash in the silvery light of a full moon. Just visible off to one side was the pool, alive with enough microscopic life to give it a pale glow of its own to compliment the off-center reflection of a hundred tiny lights.
- Few things will be found more pleasurable in the life of an ordinary mortal than a ride by coach from keswick to windermere.
- I tried again to raise the scarf, and again failed. I thought maybe my power would have come back. Now that I had Cedric and Mediera, I wanted the magic back. I wanted the power to protect them. But it didn’t seem to matter what I wanted. I feared leaving the book in my room, now that Mediera had access to it. She was in no way discreet. I dug a hole in the soft earth and buried the book, carefully wrapped in linens stolen from the laundry, in the soil, and draped the scarf around my neck. I would have to be content with my new life.
- Mirie’s potencies shifted and she did what Amycate herself had taught her the first time she had ensorcelled her daughter in binding lengths of her magicks. The witch blade came to life with a blinding glare and sliced downward. The magicks split apart as if they were lifeless bits of rope and Mirie was free again.
- Before the flaming lips took on matters of life and death, they were expert at psychedelic whimsy.
- The other is the loss in pension wealth by those who postpone retirement and thus receive less for any given life expectancy.
- Spokeswoman for charity life anna pringle said: " this complex debate has been ongoing for a long time.
- Each of them is an inhuman, non-social form of something human and communal, a form of human life which denies humanity.
- A few moments later, Meghan was pulled out of my arms. I couldn’t do anything to protect her with the pain shooting wildly through my body like this. I heard the familiar crunching and crushing of marbled bone. Her short life had come to an end too soon. It was a senseless destruction which I couldn’t bear.
- Conclusions about daily life can be based only on such isolated finds as a piece of worked deer antler from the thames at hammersmith.
- Clearly, we need to know more about the life history of the peppered moth.
- …The time is more than a hundred years ago today. The Prince was just a boy, young and full of spirit. He would have made a good king had his sister not been born the year before him. She was first in line to inherit the Throne and the King, their father, refused to change his mind about this, to the Prince’s bitter disappointment. Furthermore, as Crown Prince, it would be his life’s duty to serve as his sister’s Honor Guard and foremost protector, placing her life always before his own. To this end he was trained all of his youth with weapons in his hands. In the few moments he stole for himself away from the accoutrements of killing, he liked to sit at the window in his bedchamber–highest in the tower, overlooking the sea–and watch the whales.
- Everywhere in Mozhaysk and beyond it, troops were stationed or on the march. Cossacks, foot and horse soldiers, wagons, caissons, and cannon were everywhere. Pierre pushed forward as fast as he could, and the farther he left Moscow behind and the deeper he plunged into that sea of troops the more was he overcome by restless agitation and a new and joyful feeling he had not experienced before. It was a feeling akin to what he had felt at the Sloboda Palace during the Emperor's visit--a sense of the necessity of undertaking something and sacrificing something. He now experienced a glad consciousness that everything that constitutes men's happiness--the comforts of life, wealth, even life itself--is rubbish it is pleasant to throw away, compared with something... With what? Pierre could not say, and he did not try to determine for whom and for what he felt such particular delight in sacrificing everything. He was not occupied with the question of what to sacrifice for; the fact of sacrificing in itself afforded him a new and joyous sensation.
- And a conscious inner sense and luminous subtle faculty, which by its nature desires eternal life and was created for eternity and is a mirror of the Pre-Eternal and Post-Eternal One and is infinitely delicate and subtle, is surely most needy for air in the sorrowful, crushing, distressing, transient, dark, and suffocating, conditions of this world and can only breathe through the window of the prayers.
- "And thou wert best look to’t," adds Oliver ominously, "for if thou dost him any slight disgrace, or if he do not mightily grace himself on thee, he will practise against thee!—by poison, or entrapping thee by some treacherous device—and never leave thee till he hath ta’en thy life by some indirect means or other!
- Mitca, impatient, had also eaten a piece of the fruit, but was able to vomit in time to save his own life. Even so, Mitca spent weeks between life and death. Healing mages attended his bedside day and night. Eventually, Mitca recovered, but the experience made him a changed man. The oil caused permanent damage to Mitca’s esophagus, and he never ate starfruit again.
- The butty exited the cabin with a pair of life preservers in his hand. He offered one to Noss, who took it and placed it over his head and onto his shoulders. They made their way towards the fore of the boat.
- Automakers want to help make rescues easier but are in a bind: Consumers are demanding lighter cars with advanced powertrains that get better fuel economy without sacrificing safety. Designs that accomplish those goals and include the most desired safety features also sometimes increase injury risks for rescuers. They make it tougher to extract victims to rush them to emergency rooms in the "golden hour," the critical 60 minutes that can decide life or death.
- The closest made the untrained mistake of watching the exchange and in that second it took for the blade to cross, Graham took two paces, drove his shoulder into the already tripping guard and helped him finish his descent. The moment his back hit, his front was struck with a searing pain in the chest, Graham pinning him to the ground with his long sword. The guard went to scream but the life wavered out of his eyes before anything came to the surface.
- During the comparatively short life of the church three of its members have trained for full time stipendiary ministry.
- A 5.6 magnitude aftershock woke me up " --an american schoolteacher in taiwan describes life after an earthquake.
- The layers of anxiety from growing up without a father slowly peeled away for Michelle. Although she continued to wear short skirts, she ascended to the designer level once she joined MacroLarge after her stint with Organic Nation ended with the scandal. In hindsight, being without a father for the formative years wasn’t as painful as the joy she experienced being reconnected with her dad for the next 20 years. The event not only moved her up the caste system of life, she also married another billionaire and had a beautiful, stress-free life from the moment she stepped into The Plaza penthouse. As for Brad, his association with Vincent Larocca lasted all of a week. The conversations obviously stopped once charges were brought against Green and Organic Nation, proving that timing is indeed everything.
- The groups wants to establish Islamic law in the country, whose large Christian and animist population mainly lives in the south.
- As the women continued to dye Allaudin’s hands and feet with the paste, musicians and singers began to entertain him. Some of the songs, all extemporary, lauded him as a prince among men, while others rhapsodized over the beauty of the bride. Listening to their songs, Hawksworth had to remind himself that none of the singers had actually seen the bride, whose beauty they now extolled as that of one woman in thousands. Then the singers sang of the impending happiness of the pair, as inevitable, they declared, as that Paradise awaiting Believers after life on earth is past.
- "Over the years Marta has succumbed to a life of ease because it was readily available. I sense that she is not a bad person just lazy. Perhaps, if she were given a village where her skills were necessary, and with no one else to perform the tasks for her, she would come to know her own worth."
- "I've spent most of life in the castle," Moonwater told them. "Originally sewer cleaning as a cub. Even here it is difficult for aestri, even though the Great One sees us as," and then she whispered, "equal to other orders." Then she spoke again in her normal voice. "Well, nearly."
- I thought about it for a moment.Mom was right life is a game and i have to play it.I can't stop it in the middle it would be coward to do and i'm not raised
- Dorian rose up from the piano and passed his hand through his hair. "Yes, life has been exquisite," he murmured, "but I am not going to have the same life, Harry. And you must not say these extravagant things to me. You don't know everything about me. I think that if you did, even you would turn from me. You laugh. Don't laugh."
- The ride into the valley was pleasant, all down hill providing their backs a rest as they leaned away from their horses.The trees grew up thick around them and the air grew considerably cooler. The sound of birds chirping and bees buzzing filled the air. Gidas kept his eyes hopping. He looked over at Lazerek who rode with a comfortable silence that said he was planning something. The forest thickened as they rode, branches burdened with leaves almost blocking out the sun, which spilled in golden flickers to the ground. The wind brought the entire forest to life as it shook the leaves. The bark of the elms was smooth and pale, and the leaves were wide, flat and dark green.The air under the canopy was cool and sweet. Gidas thought this forest would be a great place to set up an ambush.
- The new year has seen a rapid uptick in the frequency of drone strikes by the Obama administration, hitting targets in Pakistan as well as in Yemen. Some accounts have indicated that the ongoing drone war has now claimed more civilian lives than all those killed in the 9/11 attacks. The example of clandestine and surreptitious British support for CIA's drone campaign, conducted away from public and legal scrutiny, raises troubling questions about the ability of governments to circumvent the law and elude popular accountability in the pursuit of foreign military adventurism.
- Lucifer proved to be the strongest, most powerful of the demon brothers. He was giving a status for his abilities. He can do some amazing things. As the others aged and grew into their own breeds, it was realized that one of each breed was unique and special. They were given the title of Overlord. They have two powers, one of them is the ability to Call. They only need think of a being in their breed or think of bringing them all together. They come. Moved by some invisible force, too strong to ignore. The Overlords have another power, one that was discovered by accident, the ability to kill their own. The only ones capable of killing an Elder, they can, should they chose, end the lives of any of their breed. It comes at a price, they feel the death themselves, feel it as if they too were dying. I have never seen it happen, but I have heard a few haunted memories of those extremely rare events. They gave me nightmares as a child.
- "But it is also possible that the males choose not to roost with the females. When you look at the nursery colony in Ilkley, mothers and pups often have a lot of ectoparasites like ticks and mites. In a warm, crowded nursery, parasites can thrive, especially if there's less time for good personal hygiene. Parasites not only make life uncomfortable but can affect a bat's health. The males that live by themselves are usually very clean in their bachelor pads, so you can understand why they might not want to move in," he added.
- My alarm pulled me out of the strangest night of sleep I'd ever experienced. Maybe I'd just been overtired, or possibly the strange, symbol on the note, inked into the place where a signature normally would've been, had reminded me of the other truly alien experience so far in my life.
- "I'm sorry, Catrin, but your destination is the Greatland, and your life may depend on this information," he said firmly, and she nodded. "You've probably heard that my father was deranged, and people say I inherited his disease. My father had visions. He saw things that urged him to take one course of action over another. They were not always specific things. They were more like overpowering intuition." He watched for her reaction.
- Pete woke up at 11:00 a.m., a little sore but ready to go. He got out of bed and picked his shirt from the previous night off the floor, stopping for a moment to let Isabel's intoxicating scent again fill his lungs. Isabel had freed his soul and made every day a blessing. life was good. Pete's head had never been clearer, but the real question was: would his teammates show up the next night to help him battle Helmsdale?
- In addition durham teaches subjects in an interdisciplinary way, to imitate real life situations.
- "I remember Eiric." Gabriel shivered. "She was a force to be reckoned with. They tried to burn her at the stake. It didn’t actually work. The only Witches they ever managed to burn at the stake were really just Humans, poor folk. She laughed as they lighted the pyre and then when the flames were going really well, she made it explode and killed most of the people gathered to watch her burn. She then returned to the Highlands and lived out the rest of her life doing what she did best."
- "These boys...." she began. "These cheeldren, all of them have seen too much yet not enough of the full real life to fully unduhrstand how wrong.... how vehry sad and... and" she fumbled for a word, "and wrong thees all ees."
- Rhimaldez had kept the same horse the illusion Samsun had given him, though after Elryia had told him the details of what happened, he now felt a little strange riding it. Most of the morning he spent talking to Jeralyle and Merial in an attempt to get to know them better. Merial had told him about her bar, about Carsis and her life in general. Jeralyle however seemed more apt to listen, asking Rhimaldez every question he could think of, mostly on Perticus and how the spell worked, though the ex captain didn't know.
- "You notice how in fairy form we are severe one moment then jovial in another." I tilted my head to signal yes, and remembered Breandan's crazy mood swings. "This is because of the depth of our temperament. Suppressing the fairy nature helps us blend. The drawback is you are slower, weaker. Your senses are dampened as is control over magics. Our power comes from the Source of course, and it is vast and limitless. It is energy. Energy lives in all things, constantly evolving and blending into something new. Fairies have the strongest natural awareness of the forces surrounding us and can draw from the Source, manipulate its power for our needs. The majority of us think of it in broad strokes. It makes for easy focus and quick action."
- The opera may be only 45 minutes long, but it zips through more than 20 scenes, and along the way it calls for a versatile cast playing double roles, a large orchestra to realise the picturesque effects and profusion of musical styles, a chorus of adults and children, and assiduous attention to set and costumes in order to portray objects that spring to life
- She dreamed of her gentle paramedic friend. She dreamed that he had wings just like her, and they were married, with two beautiful winged children, and they lived in a world where no one bothered them. They lived a good life next to the beach in peace and tranquility. She wished she could have remained in the dream for longer, and fought waking up.
- "I am offering an exchange, yes," Alice said. "My services in exchange for the three lives here." Alice indicated towards Jacob, Leah and I.
- As the two of you approach old age these sentiments will increase, you will pass your life happily.
- For example, some viral genotypes may be particularly prone to transmission or the life history of the host may be important.
- Aside from that encounter, he'd never really had time to chase girls around. He was driven by events outside of his control to learn more and more about what had happened to him in that cave, and as a result, part of his life had been neglected. Apparently, he had been paying attention to Millie's 'lessons', though, for he found last night to be a pleasant diversion from more pressing matters. Still, the whole thing came as a surprise to Aiden, for despite Pacian's goading, he had no idea Sayana had thought of him in this manner. But from what he'd learned, men were rarely aware of such things, and he was proud to carry on this fine tradition.
- The 41-year-old Armstrong, whose survival from testicular cancer helped create the largest athlete-founded charity in the U.S., was banned from competing in Olympic-level sports for life in October after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency published a report that said it found proof he engaged in serial cheating though the use, administration and trafficking of testosterone, erythropoietin and blood transfusions.
- By showing those blessed and delicate creatures to be without function or purpose, and their motion to be not out of joy, but as though trembling at non-existence and separation and tumbling into nothingness, that heedless view so touched the feelings in me of desire for permanence, love of good things, and compassion for fellow-creatures and life that it transformed the world into a sort of hell and the mind into an instrument of torture.
- Finally, the latest episode in Poland still fresh in the captain's memory, and which he narrated with rapid gestures and glowing face, was of how he had saved the life of a Pole (in general, the saving of life continually occurred in the captain's stories) and the Pole had entrusted to him his enchanting wife (parisienne de coeur) while himself entering the French service. The captain was happy, the enchanting Polish lady wished to elope with him, but, prompted by magnanimity, the captain restored the wife to the husband, saying as he did so: "I have saved your life, and I save your honor!" Having repeated these words the captain wiped his eyes and gave himself a shake, as if driving away the weakness which assailed him at this touching recollection.
- She wasn’t sure why she said that; she didn’t wish to die, but some creeping pain had found her, was it this place, the night, the rain? The scent of blood, Terry’s and her own, and in some wispy manner, Jody’s too. He hadn’t spilled a drop but had ended his life here, found a manner in which to cease his existence. "Rafe, did you tell him, tell Jody what to do?"
- Trypanosome life cycle in the fly is regulated by symbiotic bacteria in its gut into which it is possible to insert foreign genes.
- Like most Galleon cooperators, he never spent a day in prison. Nevertheless, his ex-wife said, his life was forever altered.
- She regarded him steadily, her smile fading. Bane swung away and strode back to his tent. Her composure mocked him. She should be weeping and begging for mercy. All the humans he had encountered until now had pleaded for their lives, yet this young girl seemed able to accept her fate calmly, even when it was obvious a painful death awaited her. She must be confident that he could not harm her, but he would find ways to make her suffer. Her pain would bring him satisfaction before he killed her.
- National Intelligence Organization (MİT) Undersecretary Hakan Fidan declared that many meetings were held with Abdullah Öcalan on İmralı Island, where he is serving a life sentence, and that he had talked to Öcalan face-to-face as well. He also painted quite an optimistic picture. According to the information leaked, Öcalan has said, "If there is no sabotage, very important steps may be taken in the forthcoming months." After Fidan's statements, Peace and Democracy Party (BDP) deputies met with Öcalan on İmralı as well. Öcalan wants to be the only one who is involved in the process, and he wants the talks to be held with only him.
- As with Mr. Barrymore before him, the fairies most likely called upon Dimitri. In repaying their kindness, Dimitri became a part of the fairy world, which exists outside of our own time. Of course history would record neither the life nor death of a man named Dimitri. Yet, if one were to encounter a child or adult by this name, they might be brought to pause in consideration: could this be the same Dimitri who was enslaved by pirates, freed by fairies, aided by a man named Barrymore, and who now may be moving backwards and forwards through time as the world of fairies is want to do?
- He knew only that this Lady was a Senior in the Asataria and therefore she had a talent in the Power. About half of the People chose lives connected with the Buildings of Learning. The other half lived in almost human fashion – almost. Never could they be mistaken for humans though. Apart from their tallness, thinness and dark hair, which made them such a contrast to the stockier, smaller, fair-haired humans, there was this presence of Power in each one of the People.
- All that we know of the external world of nature is only a certain relation of the forces of nature to inevitability, or of the essence of life to the laws of reason.
- I had the impression that he and his men weren't overly happy about being here. When I'd asked Thomas about it, he told me that Queen Aine had insisted. I'm sure the Sidhe were here more to make sure nothing happened to the bard, rather than out of any concern for the life of an Innocent, or the fate of the human race.
- Grateful for the opportunity to leave the room she wandered out into the corridor. Here life was different, well-lit and brisk with early morning activity, a constant, well-drilled coming and going which seemed to make much more sense than that damned brother-in-law of hers stretched on his bed like a zombie. Her bewilderment she shrugged off with the last dregs of drowsiness, and entered into the new day where she most definitely felt more at home. Now maybe she could hunt out someone who would be able to give her a few answers. As for Paul, he’ll be out in a few days. Until then somebody else can do the midnight vigil routine. If Ron’s so worried about his reputation let him spend the night slipping off an armchair. Or, better still, Daphne.
- Before long, Catrin could speak passably with each accent, but some of the others struggled. While Pelivor worked more with them, Catrin picked up a book written in Zjhonlander but found it depressing. The other Zjhonlander books had a similar effect on her. They seemed to be written with the intention of making her feel inadequate and unimportant. More like propaganda than stories, they told her she should be thankful her betters were in control of her life and destiny.
- "Very few are stubborn when their lives are at stake," Ryson countered. "I've noticed that before. I suggest we get them to realize what's going on. You spoke of changing the course of a river. Maybe you should compare it to changing the tide of the ocean. The tide has been going out, but now it's time for it to come back in. It's just like everything else. It takes time, but it does happen."
- It is you it’s after. Even hearing the words with her own ears, she still couldn’t believe it. The elemental-like creature was here to take her life and power just it did her sisters. Ariya knew she couldn’t just leave her parents there to fight the creature.
- For if the time of mans death had been specified, the first half of his life would be passed in absolute heedlessness and the second, in terror, like going step by step to the gallows.
- His mention of the Red Shadow bothered her, though. Everyone had heard of the notorious killer, but Myranda had always tried to convince herself that the tales of his assassinations were fiction. The reality that the blade brought to the subject chilled her. Stories told of a man who killed a wolf with his bare hands and wore the bloodied skull as a helmet. Whenever a man of high breeding was found dead, rumors of the Red Shadow would flow anew. A tiny, nagging thought that there might be a connection to her own life was quickly silenced in the back of her mind. That thought was too much for her to consider right now.
- Swift, grey clouds overshadowed them, flaunting a supernatural origin. Lucia knew that had the legions not been rushing to save their lives, each and every man would have stopped and stood in awe of the waves of lightning streaking across the dark sky.
- Forgive my long delay in writing, but I have been simply overwhelmed with work. The life of an assistant schoolmaster is sometimes trying. I am longing to be with you, and by the sea, where we can talk together freely and build our castles in the air. I have been working very hard lately, because I want to keep up with Joanna's studies, and I have been practicing shorthand very assiduously. When we are married I shall be able to be useful to Joanna, and if I can stenograph well enough I can take down what she wants to say in this way and write it out for her on the typewriter, at which also I am practicing very hard.
- I snorted at the stupid idea of him giving his life for mine. As if I could live without him after he'd gone and made me all devoted and loyal. We would leave together or not at all. I was ready to die here, with him. They would have to kill me, for I would never stop trying to kill them if Breandan died.
- As he read her the riot act, Kim began to think about her life without me and my brother. Roberto began to reach behind his back to get his hand-cuffs when Kimberly began to fight back.
- Now Aldragon was the mightiest creature of Earth’s creation and in him were all the generations of the dragon. After the departure of Athresa into the Moon he grew strong of his own nature and was soon praised by all who met him as the Beast of Beasts. And wherever he went became his kingdom, for there was none that looked upon him but they wished to lay down their lives in his honour. And there was peace in all the regions of the Earth that knew of him, and in Bryggne especially, where he was called king.
- Another dreamless night had passed, and I wasn’t quite sure what that meant. Did the Sight fade when the one who gave it to you passed? It worried me. Andrew had stayed with me again, and he was a complete gentleman. It was amazing how much my life had changed within a few days. The fleeting thought of going back to work in the Fishbowl was kind of surreal—would I ever go back to the life I once knew?
- A stone sphinx comes to life to wreak revenge upon a temple defiler.
- "No doubt they assert that it was unclear as to what the Republicans were after, but their weaponry was highly advanced and their attack was greatly organized, and that while it is still unknown what their goal is, the invaders were beaten off before they could obtain any significant foothold on the grounds of the facility. Subsequent official reports by the Continental Security Agency will obviously verify this 'official' description, and then everyone will move on with their lives, not the least bit concerned about the happenings at the Obama Center for Hope Ever After, not knowing that the real story, the truth, starts more than a week ago."
- Counting on that dose doing the trick, she pulled the catheter out and taped the site off. Omari was hoping for a dramatic awakening, the heroin overdose sitting straight up, returning to life like a car crash. She waited, and nothing happened. Even though she hadn’t given her very much in Feathered terms, it had been no small dose of drugs. It might just take longer. Omari used the time to methodically release Francesca from her arm and leg restraints, placing her appendages back into more comfortable positions. She was about to let go of Francesca’s left arm, when Omari finally got the sudden return to consciousness that she had been waiting for.
- "He should be dead," Dr. Tolman said. "Why, that crash nearly broke his back. Someone choked the life out of him, too. His throat is in pretty bad shape."
- Such a positive endorsement of school life should be encouraged, but creating a yearbook can be a challenge.
- All of them bear witness to a glorious past, characterized by a talent for living life to the fullest.
- Pence froze. "Is your life above any less lonely?" he said staunchly. He withdrew from the jewel and stomped back to his husk. "And anyways," he spat with a flash of scorn, "I liked it underground!" Nimbly, he jumped atop the potato skin and sat down cross-legged, looking away from the gardener and into the sun. "If you want to know the truth," said Pence, "things have been rather difficult so far, and your… your… your cavalier insensitivity toward my situation is not making it any more palatable."
- ‘Oh Lulu’, said Louie, gently stroking Lulu and looking into her eyes. ‘You are so beautiful and I love you so much. I really wonder what I have done to deserve someone like you. I have tried so hard during my life but I have never been a particularly clever bee. Maybe it’s you that deserves better?’
- Forget all that romantic crap you've seen in the movies. Vampires are about as evil as they come. To be totally accurate, vampirism is really more like demonic possession. Demons don't have souls of their own, so they use human hosts. When a vampire turns someone, it brings its victim just to the point of death. That's when the body's hold on the soul is the weakest. The demon then takes possession, animating the human form, usurping the host's life and memories, and forcing the victim's soul into the background.
- "You see that?" Myranda asked Myn. "Tus said his partner carved it. It points in the wrong direction, so that people will not find their trainer. Clever, in a terrible, cruel way. Imagine if we were lost. That arrow would send us off to our end. Isn't that nice of them? It must take a heart of stone to do what they do. And I have joined them! What a lovely turn my life has taken! The good news is that this arrow means that, so long as we wake bright and early, we can make it to Wolloff's by midday tomorrow. It seems a life of restless wandering has made me quite the hiker. That will teach Caya to underestimate me!"
- Flexible enough to respond to future changes in use, life style and demography.
- In many cases our cast iron plates would not expect to be replaced during the life of the stove unlike normal firebricks.
- Both classes had the novel outside frame tenders all their lives, with the sole exception of no.
- Using this ruse, he tricks dare into stealing the crystal of life which restores the aging tyrant to full health.
- The brainstorming session on the YÖK bill offers us a mind-blowing landscape. The Zaman daily will share the results of this important meeting that assessed a crucial topic in the context of dynamics of change. The minutes of the meetings, titled "As the YÖK law is being amended, how should we reorganize our universities?" will be published as a book and sent to all the parties concerned. To ponder on and discuss the YÖK bill means not only discussing the future of our universities, but also putting the spotlight on the future of science, art and intellectual life in our country. I hope these common wisdom meetings will be another quest for reflection.
- "And even the miserable lives we lead are not allowed to reach their natural span. For myself I do not grumble, for I am one of the lucky ones. I am twelve years old and have had over four hundred children. Such is the natural life of a pig. But no animal escapes the cruel knife in the end. You young porkers who are sitting in front of me, every one of you will scream your lives out at the block within a year. To that horror we all must come-cows, pigs, hens, sheep, everyone. Even the horses and the dogs have no better fate. You, Boxer, the very day that those great muscles of yours lose their power, Jones will sell you to the knacker, who will cut your throat and boil you down for the foxhounds. As for the dogs, when they grow old and toothless, Jones ties a brick round their necks and drowns them in the nearest pond.
- Korol told me of the many lives of her companions lost to bloodshed from the wars. And I gave to her how much longer the days had been without her near. Maybe it was the sound of Korol’s voice, or perchance the lightness of her touch; but with the one I loved before me, I felt as if the hands of time had once ceased abruptly, yet determined that they should move once more.
- "He seeks more than the power you seek, Kieran Conor. Far more. The cancer survives by consuming souls. Yet he himself is soulless. His power comes from those most unfortunate people who fall victim to his cold clutches. He sucks the life from them, like a horrid human parasite. He claims their spirit—and then uses it to power his unexistence, the shell of his still-mortal body." Eleysius walked back to the East Portal, peered inside it. Without turning back to face Conor, he added: "The captured souls suffer beyond anything you can imagine. This you must know. It will not be easy for you to accept."
- The dreams started coming more steadily near the end of the year. And these were no ordinary "struggling to run away from danger," or "being late for everything" dreams. These dreams virtually replayed the battles of their lives – the chronology of Hartwell's 100 deaths.
- This process can take thousands, hundreds of thousands or millions of years. Rarely less. Only when a being reaches a certain stage of spiritual development as a human are they enabled to return here as you are now. From this moment forward, you will remember your physical lives and all that has transpired here and all that happens around you. When you are sent back, after passing through your mother and you have taken your first breadth, after a couple moments of observing and understanding all that is around you, you will forgot all that you have learned, who you are and where you have been. Only upon your cessation of breathing and return here will all knowledge and memory return to you.
- I asked Jesus if he wqas real to forgive me for living me own life and to help me sort it out.
- Homilyng the meal conversation was forbidden, and one monk would read aloud suitable portions of the lives of the saints or other homilies.
- You can make a perfectly functional website that lives inside your own computer.
İngilizce'nizi geliştirmenin en iyi yollarından bir tanesi çokça okumaktır. Bu amaçla Blue Sözlük size aradınız her kelime için bol miktarda örnek cümle sunmaktadır. Bunun yanında İngilizce internet sitelerini okuyabilir, anlamını merak ettiğiniz kelimenin üzerine gelerek anlamını görebilirsiniz. İngilizce bir internet sitesi okumak için tıklayınız.
- Aradığınız kelimenin sonuçlarını kelime listenize eklemek için işaretine tıklayınız. Listeye eklemiş olduğunuz kelimeleri görmek için ana menüden Kelime Listesine tıklayınız. Eğer kelimeyi listenize daha önce eklemişseniz, bu işaret şeklinde görünecektir.
- Aradığınız İngilizce kelimeler için örnek cümleler sonuçların hemen altında verilmektedir.
- Aradığınız kelimenin sonuçlarını word belgesi olarak kaydetmek için işaretine tıklayınız.