/ fɔː lʌɪf
Hecelenişi: for life
bütün hayat boyunca, ölünceye kadar.
için örnek cümleler:
(Üzerinde olduğunuz kelimenin anlamını görmek için 'CTRL' tuşuna basınız veya kelimeye tıklayınız.!
- 'Why, there would be no-one to stoke the inferno of course. And if it goes out - catastrophe!' answered the Princess. 'The flames create the heat necessary for life throughout all physical worlds and dimensions. Without it, nothing would survive.'
- Trees for life is an award winning scottish charity working to restore the caledonian forest.
- "I have witnessed men crippled for life after just a single session. Years ago, I watched Idi Amin personally execute a would-be assassin with a Sambok in front of several hundred witnesses. Of course, back then he wasn’t the fat slob he eventually became. He was very strong and he put all the power he could into each blow. The first ten strokes cut the man’s back to ribbons. After 30 strokes, he was unconscious, and Amin stopped the execution to revive the unfortunate. In due course, his punishment continued. In the end the would-be assassin received 100 strokes, but he died long before the last stroke was laid."
- Legon was looking intently at the boy, wondering if he would choose to be a man or remain a boy. It tore at him to hurt Keither, but he was to take Kovos’ place, a job he took very seriously. It was cruel of him to tell Keither the truth of Kovos’ and his thoughts; you were supposed to say that someone loved and cared for you and that they were proud, yet this was a lie. But if Keither chose to be something then this night would be a reminder for him in dark times, a defining moment. Conversely, if he chose not to move then this would haunt him for life and there might be no chance at convincing him again.
- Lief's anger doubled, tripled. He was about to condemn the delver with every curse known to the elves, but his anger soon gave way to understanding. He saw compassion in the eyes of the delver. It was not fear which spurred Ryson to refuse the plan, it was a respect for life.
- In spite of himself, Roland was beginning to feel pity for the Sultan. He could feel the pain of the man's hurts, his desperate longing for life.
- "I’ll drink to that." I downed the glass in that one drink and refilled it. "Ok, I have a question. Why is it that wolves mate for life but Wolf Lycans are not monogamous?"
- "Honestly, without speaking of what I owe you, I feel friendship for you. Can I do anything for you? Dispose of me. It is for life and death. I say it with my hand on my heart!" said he, striking his chest.
- Dalla’s mouth tightened at something Kea said and the haze frayed about her in a scattering of misty tendrils. The tension became too much for Rordan to witness and he looked away. Dalla’s tenacity for life unsettled him.
- She looked around at her extended family and thought, "Everyone knows that if the head of the household isn’t happy, then nobody is happy." And then she combined her personal meaning for life and her aforementioned brain blast to form a reply, "HAPPY VJJ, HAPPY FAMILY!"
- From the origins of national school systems in the 19th century, the teaching of history to promote national sentiment has been a high priority. In the United States after World War I, a strong movement emerged at the university level to teach courses in Western Civilization, so as to give students a common heritage with Europe. In the U.S. after 1980 attention increasingly moved toward teaching world history or requiring students to take courses in non-western cultures, to prepare students for life in a globalized economy.
- Biochemistry – the study of the chemical reactions required for life to exist and function, usually a focus on the cellular level
- "Yes, you were about to die in the outside world, I came to you because you were strong willed enough to resist death. Most that need a visit from me fight their fate because they fear death, regret their past, or can't let go of love. Only a few fight death for the right reason; because they simply weren't finished living. Those with a fire for life get a second chance, those with something more, come here."
- I'll never forget the look on Mr. C's face when I told him about the gangs in the neighborhood. He said, "I've been living next door to this town my whole life, but I never realized that Branchville had gangs. I detailed for him the constant turmoil between the Bloods and the Crips, fully thinking that these gangs were the modern-day version of my dad's Black Panthers. In the traditional East versus West showdown, the Bloods and Crips gang members were the heroes of the neighborhood. Once I heard that the Crips were responsible for gunning down my dad, I knew I would be in the Bloods for life.
- He feinted to his left, and in his fear and fatigue the Iumenta took the bait. Legon crouched and brought the sword up, hitting the Iumenta square in the leg. Most of the Iumenta’s weight was on that leg and he crashed down, clutching at the gushing stump. He was screaming in pain. Legon walked to stand over him. The terrified eyes locked on him and the scarlet fenrra he held in his hand. The Iumenta seemed begging for life in Elfish. Legon wasn’t sure; he didn’t know much of the language yet, but the look on the Iumenta’s face was unmistakable. The man wanted something from him. That was obvious. Legon pulled the blade back, ready to thrust it into the thing lying on the ground, and the Iumenta closed his eyes serenely.
- "Uh…" I wasn’t sure whether to make a comment or ask a question. I was almost convinced that they were about to show me something horrific that would scar me for life.
- "Wow," Jaxon began, "well, damn. At least you know now that you don't really have to worry so much about keeping the book store open regularly. You're pretty much set for life with what they left you."
- "Quiet," said Sketch, his bright disposition instantly gone. He stared at the man menacingly. "No such thing will occur. And allow me to say that for a kingdom such as yours, one that prides itself as a beacon of light, of justice, of humanity, of respect for life and the sovereignty of other nations, your barbarism most certainly puts all that vainglorious puffery to the lie.
- A great yearning for life seized him, and he saw Nicolette, glowing warm like the sun. They will not kill me. Not Amalric, not the whole Saracen army. Nicolette, I am going to get back to you if I have to cut my way through all of Egypt to do it!
- The 41-year-old Armstrong, whose survival from testicular cancer helped create the largest athlete-founded charity in the U.S., was banned from competing in Olympic-level sports for life in October after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency published a report that said it found proof he engaged in serial cheating though the use, administration and trafficking of testosterone, erythropoietin and blood transfusions.
- When the sloud recovered its wits Aldragon stood towering above it with his wings spread wide to mask the Sun. The sloud shrieked in panic and despair and then began an insistent little bobbing as it begged for life.
- "Free your child." Now the voice was harsh, a clear reprimand. She looked up, and the realization smashed into her: this pride, this superficiality, was as much a trap as hiding here in the brambles, waiting for life to pass her by.
- These were the things which The Stone did for us. And you must never forget, Trekker, there is a stone that knows all men. Mankind is made of its very essence. And always recall; within its virtue can all your pains be cured, your offences be mended, and guidance for life be found. All you need is to keep it close to your heart; and it will always hear you, for it is always here."
- At fifteen Ileana gave birth to a boy and called him Primo. A few months later Jessamine did the same and called him Prince. Motherhood at the same time bonded them even more and Ileana started considering keeping Carino for life.
- Respect for life is the highest worship, the bright lamp, the sweet garland and unwavering devotion.
- Oliver, as best he could, explained. As he began he felt a fool, but his eyes lit on the strip of black silk across Chloe's hand--she had declined to attempt to heal it by the Stone and he derived therefrom a certain strength. After all, this girl had knocked the Professor over and attacked Sir Giles; she had thrust herself across the will of that unpleasant little beast. And Sir Giles had been left with Sheldrake at the Foreign Office when the rest of them were turned out. And the people were clamouring for life and health from that Mystery which the police, on behalf of the American, had pouched.
- Case study serious heart problems brought on by the onset of diabetes sparked a renewed zest for life in 58-year-old electrical engineer derek barker.
- Peruse a benefits manual to find out what your company offers retired employees who have enjoyed health and life insurance through the company. Determine whether you can transfer your health insurance to an individual policy. You won't necessarily blow your cover if you call Human Resources or drop by their desk to ask how much it will cost to do so. The same goes for life insurance coverage and long-term care, which many firms extend to former employees, often at a lower cost than what you'll find on the open market.
- But you wont seek for it! Thus, through a minor incident in a small gathering in the presence of the Prophet (PBUH), it states that the Jewish nation, which is most famous among the nations of mankind for greed for life and fear of death, will not seek death till Doomsday, according to the tongues of its disposition, and will not give up its greed for life.
- Moringa trees have been used to combat malnutrition, especially among infants and nursing mothers. Four NGOs in particular — Trees for life International, Church World Service, Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, and Volunteer Partnerships for West Africa — have advocated moringa as "natural nutrition for the tropics." One author stated that "the nutritional properties of Moringa are now so well known that there seems to be little doubt of the substantial health benefit to be realized by consumption of Moringa leaf powder in situations where starvation is imminent." Moringa is especially promising as a food source in the tropics because the tree is in full leaf at the end of the dry season when other foods are typically scarce.
- The debate about the extent to which faith-based schooling prepares children for life in contemporary society has recently been reopened in the uk.
- In October, I caught up with the British Antarctic Survey's Chris Hill, Program Manager of the Lake Ellsworth drilling program, and David Pearce, a BAS microbiologist working on the search for life in the samples BAS retrieves. Speaking in separate interviews, they told me about the pitfalls of working in Antarctica's harsh environment, the space-grade technology and hot-water drills they're using, and the lengths they’re going to ensure they don’t contaminate the lake. Publishable results might come by early 2014.
- From a purely mechanistic view point our respect for life is a weakness not a strength.
- What You Get Is What You Deserve. A maxim for life and personal responsibility: you get out what you put in - you reap what you sow. WYGIWYD is also a great reminder that people are more likely to perform to their fullest potential when they are given fair reward and recognition. Also relevant for project planning and all matters of investing in people, development, plant and equipment, etc: if you want good results then invest properly and act with integrity. WYGIWYD also emphasises the importance of communicating fully and properly with people whom you expect to produce results of any sort: internal and external staff and suppliers, designers, programmers, writers, etc. A free WYGIWYD poster is available from the businessballs free posters page. (thanks L Speden for the acronym)
- At fifteen Ileana gave birth to a boy and called him Primo. A few months later Jessamine did the same and called him Prince. Motherhood at the same time bonded them even more and Ileana started considering keeping Carino for life.
- Gaolusted prisoners from the local jail also helped to build the garden, whilst improving their skills ready for life on the outside.
- Faith-based schooling prepares children for life in contemporary society has recently been reopened in the uk.
- Her own room stripped; her personal things stolen! Somehow this empty, echoing chamber hit her as no other room had done. The high walls and locked door of the palace marooned her as thoroughly as any desert island. She was cut off from everyone, everywhere, everything; condemned to solitary confinement for life.
- Who for a for life quot auto Erie auto insurance policy with louisiana says the.
- French laws which make it difficult to lay off workers have created the perverse incentive for employers to stop offering permanent contracts that in many cases equate to a job for life.
- Often acknowledged as a perfect english gentleman, peter morgan was full of unbridled enthusiasm for life and for the cars his family builds.
- Apart from capoeira, we also learned to effectively employ the arrow and bow, and mastered the skill of the close-fisted strike. We sparred sometimes both at dawn and at evenfall. Magdalen and I were warriors for life as we both saw it and nothing else was to either come before or stand beside it.
- "Basil, my dear boy, puts everything that is charming in him into his work. The consequence is that he has nothing left for life but his prejudices, his principles, and his common sense. The only artists I have ever known who are personally delightful are bad artists. Good artists exist simply in what they make, and consequently are perfectly uninteresting in what they are. A great poet, a really great poet, is the most unpoetical of all creatures. But inferior poets are absolutely fascinating. The worse their rhymes are, the more picturesque they look. The mere fact of having published a book of second-rate sonnets makes a man quite irresistible. He lives the poetry that he cannot write. The others write the poetry that they dare not realize."
- A charge shot down Rordan’s spine and he saw in Borus the same capacity for vision as his own. He ached to know what the boy might know or see. Borus’ joy for life made a mark on him and he had the sensation of cracks widening throughout his body.
- Why was Hugues not doing this? Diane wondered. She had not heard a word of Gerard's sermon, but she found herself now able to listen. Gerard named first those who had recanted. She saw them, a large group, perhaps two hundred, gathered at the bottom of the church steps. A huge iron basin that held glowing coals stood beside them, to remind them of what they had escaped. The friar commanded some to make pilgrimages, others to take the cross and join the King's army at Aigues-Mortes. Some were to lose all of their possessions, some to be imprisoned for long terms, some for life.
- "Godson!" The sight chilled him, revived his memories of Sanctum's bowels. Shadow trees - the name was perfect in description. Silhouettes of dead gnarled trees, black as tar and as lifeless as ashes, thirsted for life in the darkness of an alleyway. The cluster blanketed the width of the street. They spread like oozing sludge. They grew before his eyes. Small shoots of new branches groped for the darkness. He shivered. Thankfully, none had yet reached full size. The tallest was not yet above his own height, but even at this stunted dimension, they stood like breeders of corruption.
- And on the third day the desire for life had grown great in him, and with it the desire to find release by finding the burning stone. Yet he had too much honour to scrabble after what he knew to be undeserved, and so he sat in silence and forbade himself the search, and felt cruelly the approach of death. But at last he could no longer bear his torment and he cried out to the Sun to forgive him, saying, ‘Let me look but once more on my dear wife’s face and I will sacrifice anything, lose any joy, suffer any woe.’ And as if in answer there came the first call of the third clarion, and he sighed bitterly at the sound of it.
- Living on $2 bowls of rice in rows of tiny rooms, thousands of young South Koreans are voting early ahead of Wednesday's presidential election as they cram for exams that they hope will lead to a government job for life.
- In My Humble Opinion. We don't list many acronyms and abbreviations used in web-messaging, emails and texting, etc, because there are millions of them and other sites do it better; however the IMHO acronym has a certain resonance for life and communications generally, and it's been around for ages, so it is worthy of inclusion here. (Thanks DH)
- Ken bates will ban any leeds fans for life if it is proven that they broke the silence for george best at millwall.
- My eyes spun round, but even as I thought his name, I realised the folly of my hope. That the fairy-boy I was bonded to, and supposed to mate for life with, would save the vampire-boy whom I had a blood tie to, and who shared half of my heart? Still, I looked to him. Hoping he would find some compassion for a fellow demon and save him. Breandan was no longer bound to Lochlann's will and could act as he chose. He avoided my gaze, and turned his back to me.
- It took an hour for life to reset, with Gary coming to first as a wolf and then morphing back to his human form. He slowly rose to his feet and then followed the tracks and scents that led him to his greatest nightmare: Hartwell impaled on the massive tree branch.
- Snoop dogg banned for life from british airways rapper snoop dogg banned for life from british airways rapper snoop dogg has been banned for life from british airways flights.
- He recalled his mother was furious. She hated dogs. They were dirty, bothersome, noisy animals who would bite your nose as quickly as they would lick your hand, she said. She had a reason for banning of dogs from their house in Philadelphia. A pretty girl, Mother had known growing up, had come away scarred for life when she pressed her face lovingly into the muzzle of a fierce, old dog, who suddenly lashed out at her. "She never married," Mother said after delivering that awful anecdote again.
- "At first, I thought she would express ignorance to the contrary, as she came close to doing the first time I met her. This time, she said that it was night, we were alone, and we should be at peace. She explained it as light was a time for life while night was peace from life. Then she asked me about my wife." Gallant stopped, a momentary look of confusion intermixed with unfortunate understanding.
- Presently he woke, and I gave his food, as Van Helsing had prescribed. He took but a little, and that languidly. There did not seem to be with his now the unconscious struggle for life and strength that had hitherto so marked his illness. It struck me as curious that the moment he became conscious he pressed the garlic flowers close to him. It was certainly odd that whenever he got into that lethargic state, with the stertorous breathing, he put the flowers from him, but that when he waked he clutched them close. There was no possibility of making any mistake about this, for in the long hours that followed, he had many spells of sleeping and waking and repeated both actions many times.
- You may suffer from long bouts of being tired, exhausted or unable to muster much enthusiasm for life like you usually do.
- In these days, there are over 150 ordinary benchers, elected for life by the council.
- Nature, in all its majesty and glory, was beginning to be revealed to Catrin through senses she had not been aware of before. For the first time, she saw the ecosystem as a unit and saw how each part of the system contributed to the whole; without any one component, life could fail. Predators could not exist without prey, and herbivores would die without plants, and plants would shrivel without materials provided by the death and defecation of animals. When she considered how many factors had to be in place for life to endure, she was amazed it existed at all, and yet it flourished, even in the harshest of environments--simply astounding.
- "Okay," I said, looking after them for another few seconds, and then turning the other way. I didn’t know if I was traumatizing Anna for life by all she’d seen and heard in the last twenty-four hours, but she’d been making friends among Llywelyn’s company during our ride, so I hoped she was okay with Rhodri—and more importantly, okay inside.
- All his judgments of her - how wrong they had been! How could he condemn the decisions of a woman with a child, when he could not feel as desperately as she the need to protect herself and her baby? Nicolette is not like Diane, a woman who ran to meet death, he told himself. Nicolette hungers and thirsts for life.
- To have studied a bioscience adds enormously to ones education for life about life.
- Countless billions of universes all unsuitable for life might have formed before ours was.
- The company has also barely made inroads into the Chinese market for life and health insurance. Those units "remain small and not very profitable at present, but will see strong growth over the next three to five years," Xia said.
- Tenner for life membership then:d - :nono: life membership is still
- Aspens propagated from root sections at the trees for life field base, plodda lodge, ready for planting.
- The center for life is a unique science village in the heart of newcastle upon tyne, fostering advancement in the life sciences.
- However, for many people due to the changing nature of work the concept of a job career for life is rapidly diminishing.
- From the primal womb rose a piercing, nails-on-a-blackboard wail that gradually tapered to a long suffering sigh. Vane’s hair stood on end. Something in that very basic, very feminine plaint had gouged a nerve in his heart fortress. Prissy seemed to fill out as he stared, until she appeared fully opposite the scrawny, back-stabbing runaway he thought he knew. At that moment Vane thought he had a lot to learn about women, when in reality he had lot to learn about testosterone. The sequence could have been the reverse—he could have encountered a mature woman and watched her morph into a teenager. Nature was hypnotizing him, stirring his hormones, trying to convert him from a procrastinator to a procreator. And now, watching agape in the crazy light, he could have sworn her lips plumped as her cheeks ran alabaster and blue. He was looking at Megan; he was looking at Mother the way she intended, as prisoner for life.
- This experimentation and improvisation showed Ravi Shankar’s enormous zest for life and love affair with creativity, but some purists became unhappy. His fusion diluted the purity of Indian music, according to them.
İngilizce'nizi geliştirmenin en iyi yollarından bir tanesi çokça okumaktır. Bu amaçla Blue Sözlük size aradınız her kelime için bol miktarda örnek cümle sunmaktadır. Bunun yanında İngilizce internet sitelerini okuyabilir, anlamını merak ettiğiniz kelimenin üzerine gelerek anlamını görebilirsiniz. İngilizce bir internet sitesi okumak için tıklayınız.
- Aradığınız kelimenin sonuçlarını kelime listenize eklemek için işaretine tıklayınız. Listeye eklemiş olduğunuz kelimeleri görmek için ana menüden Kelime Listesine tıklayınız. Eğer kelimeyi listenize daha önce eklemişseniz, bu işaret şeklinde görünecektir.
- Aradığınız İngilizce kelimeler için örnek cümleler sonuçların hemen altında verilmektedir.
- Aradığınız kelimenin sonuçlarını word belgesi olarak kaydetmek için işaretine tıklayınız.