/ at wəːk
iş başında, işte;
için örnek cümleler:
(Üzerinde olduğunuz kelimenin anlamını görmek için 'CTRL' tuşuna basınız veya kelimeye tıklayınız.!
(Burada yer alan örnek cümleler 100 ile sınırlı olup daha fazlasını görmek için tıklayınız.)
- The militiamen, both those who had been in the village and those who had been at work on the battery, threw down their spades and ran to meet the church procession. Following the battalion that marched along the dusty road came priests in their vestments--one little old man in a hood with attendants and singers. Behind them soldiers and officers bore a large, dark-faced icon with an embossed metal cover. This was the icon that had been brought from and had since accompanied the army. Behind, before, and on both sides, crowds of militiamen with bared heads walked, ran, and bowed to the ground.
- "Who ever heard of such a mixed affair? Every clue seems to slip through my fingers. I have been at work upon it all day."
- Over the next week Sara spent as much time with Eric as she could. When Greg was at work and the girls at daycare, mother and son talked about everything that had happened and what to tell people. Eric didn’t want to tell people that his mother was dead, so they comprised; he would say that she was in a car accident and was in a coma.
- Exposure to secondhand smoke at work is also the second most common trigger of asthma attacks.
- He pushed himself out of his seat and got off the bus. It wasn’t quite deserted, but there were very few people about. He checked the time on his cellphone - just after two. Everyone was probably still at work or at school, except for a pair of young mothers pushing enormous strollers, and a worrying looking pack of punks down the far end of the platform. Dave checked the timetable - the train wasn’t due for nearly ten minutes. He tried to sit on a bench, but he felt far too exposed. Looking around, he spotted the bathrooms. He went into the men’s room and straight to the disabled stall at the far end, which he locked behind him. Turning around, he caught sight of himself in the mirror.
- Never done fantasy footie before and a couple of guys at work had set up a league so did a team for that.
- I bought a new CPU for my pc online at ebuyer and they tried to deliver wehn i was at work on tuesday.
- Ploughing two horse-drawn plows at work beside one drawn by a tractor.
- As I do my hair and put on my make-up, Morgen buzzes around the cabin, setting up her little toys in corners of the living room. She has chosen to wear all pink again today, my least favorite color. Her pants are an inch too short on her long legs, I note, but they fit around her tiny waist. We can check out the thrift store sometime this week and see if there are any clothes that fit her better. Maybe Scott can take her while I’m at work.
- "The magic! I am being blocked! What—" He seemed to be focusing on something and nothing all at the same time.Gidas attempted to access the magic, but found he could not either.What would they do now? What would Lazerek do now? He was blocked from his power.Gidas thought this might be interesting. The king was certainly not happy to see them, and would be more than pleased to do them some ill. There was treachery at work here.The feelings Gidas had been having all afternoon welled up.
- A vivid illustration of these two forces at work is provided by the developing eye.
- Miraculous draft of fish, but the divine power at work in jesus singles peter out for special service.
- Allowing staff to gain qualifications at work can boost self-esteem too.
- Trine with pluto this aspect will bring out the forceful side of your personality both at work and in romance.
- Two officers were standing on the knoll, directing the men. On seeing these peasants, who were evidently still amused by the novelty of their position as soldiers, Pierre once more thought of the wounded men at Mozhaysk and understood what the soldier had meant when he said: "They want the whole nation to fall on them." The sight of these bearded peasants at work on the battlefield, with their queer, clumsy boots and perspiring necks, and their shirts opening from the left toward the middle, unfastened, exposing their sunburned collarbones, impressed Pierre more strongly with the solemnity and importance of the moment than anything he had yet seen or heard.
- "I understand that, but this is a business, and it needs to run like a business. That means that I need to know that my employees are going to be at work and working when they’re scheduled to be working. I don’t know that about you, Dave, and I want to know what you’re proposing to do about it."
- Observe precautions set out in dust explosion factories health & safety at work publication.
- Until Prince Andrew settled in Bogucharovo its owners had always been absentees, and its peasants were of quite a different character from those of Bald Hills. They differed from them in speech, dress, and disposition. They were called steppe peasants. The old prince used to approve of them for their endurance at work when they came to Bald Hills to help with the harvest or to dig ponds, and ditches, but he disliked them for their boorishness.
- We can see masculine transcendentalism at work in wired magazine, or in all of the hype around artificial intelligence or virtual reality.
- From above, the circle was well lit.Seven lanterns swung on poles around the perimeter of the timepiece, giving their cheery yellow light.Range thought he could see something moving about in the shadows, something evil peering at him with eyes that hate.He shivered once and shook it off.Why was he so scared? Something else was at work here. Logic said he should not feel that scared, but he did.
- On the third Sunday after Snowball's expulsion, the animals were somewhat surprised to hear Napoleon announce that the windmill was to be built after all. He did not give any reason for having changed his mind, but merely warned the animals that this extra task would mean very hard work, it might even be necessary to reduce their rations. The plans, however, had all been prepared, down to the last detail. A special committee of pigs had been at work upon them for the past three weeks. The building of the windmill, with various other improvements, was expected to take two years.
- He was nothing but a lazy son-of-a-bitch. For years he’d taken advantage of her and treated her like the worthless one. Anger swelled inside and Serenity thought she might explode. Impotent, useless anger. Jackson was dead and she had no one to direct her fury toward. Instead, she turned the anger inward. How he must have laughed at her. Stupid, naive Serenity, out at work all day and then back home to make dinner and take her beating.
- The farm was more prosperous now, and better organised: it had even been enlarged by two fields which had been bought from Mr. Pilkington. The windmill had been successfully completed at last, and the farm possessed a threshing machine and a hay elevator of its own, and various new buildings had been added to it. Whymper had bought himself a dogcart. The windmill, however, had not after all been used for generating electrical power. It was used for milling corn, and brought in a handsome money profit. The animals were hard at work building yet another windmill; when that one was finished, so it was said, the dynamos would be installed. But the luxuries of which Snowball had once taught the animals to dream, the stalls with electric light and hot and cold water, and the three-day week, were no longer talked about. Napoleon had denounced such ideas as contrary to the spirit of Animalism. The truest happiness, he said, lay in working hard and living frugally.
- "Shit!" Dave started running after the bus, waving his arms and shouting. "Hey! Stop the bus!" He chased it for about half a block, falling further and further behind, before he gave up. "Shit!" he said again. The next bus wasn’t for another half an hour. At this rate, there was no way he’d be at work before noon.
- This room shows a slave hard at work by the intense heat of the fire in the sugar cane workshop.
- The indentation effect might even be at work in the way porous silicon ( with a myriad of nanoscopic filaments ) emits light.
- I saw a mill at work where they was spinning n94 hanks ( two indistinct words ) very good and very even.
- He got talking about cars to the mechanic who was hard at work on a real old banger - it had rust everywhere.
- By the way, downloading pornography onto your computer at work is a quick way of collecting your p45.
- Bread-and-butter work of road traffic cases and accidents at work cases is what mostly occupies trainees.
- Kitchen, one specialized component of that group of eager young university volunteers, had been hard at work since four that morning, boiling meat and vegetables out on the Onramp over propane in fifty-five gallon drums. Those drums had then been carted back aboard trailers to await transport to Dock post-Strauss, where thousands of half-gallon Bowls would be unloaded and stacked. Bowls were numbered: Sector, Quadrant, Square. They were of high impact plastic, of Vane’s own design, mass produced at one of Honey’s Cairo factories and shipped through Suez to Port Massawa. Part of the Bowl mold was a foot-long, slightly curved handle, making the instrument resemble an outsize ladle. Opposite the handle was a flat protuberance for gripping with forefinger and thumb.
- Groundbreaking discoveries in modern linguistics, deutscher exposes the elusive forces of creation at work in human communication.
- Greg took a breath. "I was at work when my boss called me into his office. There were two policemen, and they asked me when was the last time I had seen or talked to Robin and the girls."
- Gemma bought a glass cow for leanne, and we watched the craftsman at work making elephants from different colored glass rods.
- If the average person had shown such ineptitude at work they would probably have faced summary dismissal.
- While the report is less upbeat than the headline indicates, it does not show an economy losing steam. In fact, there’s strong evidence the hurricane did take a toll, even if didn’t meet the BLS’s definition of "substantive". For example, the number of workers not at work because of weather soared to 369,000 in November, Dave Greenlaw of Morgan Stanley noted, far above the 40,000 to 115,000 range for Novembers over the previous decade. Furthermore, jobless claims leapt in the weeks following the hurricane, and only last week returned to normal. This strongly suggests we’ll see some weather-related rebound in both measures of employment in December.
- "My secretary," Lord Arglay said, half-lightly, half, seriously, "is a very rare young lady." His voice became entirely serious, as he added, "And if it is Giles, I will perhaps kill him tomorrow. But now I will see what is at work here."
- Balashev found Davout seated on a barrel in the shed of a peasant's hut, writing--he was auditing accounts. Better quarters could have been found him, but Marshal Davout was one of those men who purposely put themselves in most depressing conditions to have a justification for being gloomy. For the same reason they are always hard at work and in a hurry. "How can I think of the bright side of life when, as you see, I am sitting on a barrel and working in a dirty shed?" the expression of his face seemed to say. The chief pleasure and necessity of such men, when they encounter anyone who shows animation, is to flaunt their own dreary, persistent activity. Davout allowed himself that pleasure when Balashev was brought in. He became still more absorbed in his task when the Russian general entered, and after glancing over his spectacles at Balashev's face, which was animated by the beauty of the morning and by his talk with Murat, he did not rise or even stir, but scowled still more and sneered malevolently.
- The constitution is supposed to be the cornerstone of a new, democratic Egypt following Mubarak's three decades of autocratic rule. The assembly has been at work for six months. Mursi had extended its December 12 deadline by two months - extra time that Gheriyani said was not needed.
- Acquiring a young hand-reared parrot should not be considered by a person or a couple who are out at work all day.
- Scott is busy getting ready. He found a place to rent a rototiller, he ordered seeds, and he's looking for fencing to protect the garden we’re going to plant. He brings Morgen to the library while I’m at work and researches products online. After weeks of looking, he narrows in on seven-foot plastic link fencing that he can attach to wooden posts and surround the garden. It’s over three hundred dollars for what we need, but there's no cheaper way to keep the deer out.
- Install a roller towel at work instead of using disposable paper towels.
- Putting is no so oppressive; last child was born on saturday morning and i was at work the friday night.
- Plan to spend time on deck and on the bridge watching our powerful icebreaker at work and looking out for polar bears.
- Back to top " the gradual feeling of being in more control through increased confidence at work has been a breath of fresh air.
- Interject something, he dare not do at work if he wishes to climb the ladder of success.
- It’s a great idea. I tell Scott about it, and while I’m at work he calls around to try to find a commercial kitchen that I could use.
- Tremendous to have musicians as visionary as you at work in this country.
- Our company will make every effort to tackle drug misuse at work effectively.
- For nearly ten minutes he stood there, motionless, with parted lips and eyes strangely bright. He was dimly conscious that entirely fresh influences were at work within him. Yet they seemed to him to have come really from himself. The few words that Basil's friend had said to him--words spoken by chance, no doubt, and with wilful paradox in them-- had touched some secret chord that had never been touched before, but that he felt was now vibrating and throbbing to curious pulses.
- He picked it up and gazed at it in the peculiar introspective fashion which was characteristic of him. "It is perhaps less suggestive than it might have been," he remarked, "and yet there are a few inferences which are very distinct, and a few others which represent at least a strong balance of probability. That the man was highly intellectual is of course obvious upon the face of it, and also that he was fairly well-to-do within the last three years, although he has now fallen upon evil days. He had foresight, but has less now than formerly, pointing to a moral retrogression, which, when taken with the decline of his fortunes, seems to indicate some evil influence, probably drink, at work upon him. This may account also for the obvious fact that his wife has ceased to love him."
- Over the next couple weeks, Scott and Morgen drop me off and pick me up every day. While I’m at work they go to the library and the beach, the playgrounds and the whole foods co-op. When they pick me up, Morgen’s filled with stories to tell about the nice lady at the library, the seagulls at the beach, and the sucker she got at the co-op. She’s all smiles, and she looks forward to each day with her dad.
- I push open the door and walk out into the night. There’s a system at work here, one that we’re expected to learn and embrace. That’s what they meant by being academic: how well we’re able to adapt to the academic system. It has less to do with intelligence or critical thinking skills, and has more to do with the ability to conform.
- "Well, look, Major, I don't know nothin' about this time stuff what never once entered my mind until you talked me into this deal. The whole adventure idea sounded good to me, fixed the way I was at work and all. But I'm takin' this on credit, so to speak, and I don't know if what we seen is magic or science or hallucinatin' or what. So anyways, I'll stick with you because I think you're a straight guy who never yet steered me wrong and always treated me OK."
- Unbelievable, how, why, what is actually going on? Where the hell am I? My eyes welled up as I tried to rationalize my latest discovery. Nothing could explain it, but I knew to my core that I was right. The fact that I knew the sun wasn't moving didn't bother me anymore, I had dealt with that. The truth was that the sun was pinned directly over the object I was heading towards. The inherent curiosity I had for that object was now marred by a twinge of the supernatural, the fear that some forces unknown and greater than you can imagine are at work and guiding your fate. Or the even more terrifying notion that your fate is merely the result of a stray ripple, a chance vibration in the pulse of the universe.
- One night--it was on the twentieth of March, 1888--I was returning from a journey to a patient (for I had now returned to civil practice), when my way led me through Baker Street. As I passed the well-remembered door, which must always be associated in my mind with my wooing, and with the dark incidents of the Study in Scarlet, I was seized with a keen desire to see Holmes again, and to know how he was employing his extraordinary powers. His rooms were brilliantly lit, and, even as I looked up, I saw his tall, spare figure pass twice in a dark silhouette against the blind. He was pacing the room swiftly, eagerly, with his head sunk upon his chest and his hands clasped behind him. To me, who knew his every mood and habit, his attitude and manner told their own story. He was at work again. He had risen out of his drug-created dreams and was hot upon the scent of some new problem. I rang the bell and was shown up to the chamber which had formerly been in part my own.
- However, Benjamin and Clover could only be with Boxer after working hours, and it was in the middle of the day when the van came to take him away. The animals were all at work weeding turnips under the supervision of a pig, when they were astonished to see Benjamin come galloping from the direction of the farm buildings, braying at the top of his voice. It was the first time that they had ever seen Benjamin excited-indeed, it was the first time that anyone had ever seen him gallop. "Quick, quick!" he shouted. "Come at once! They're taking Boxer away!" Without waiting for orders from the pig, the animals broke off work and raced back to the farm buildings. Sure enough, there in the yard was a large closed van, drawn by two horses, with lettering on its side and a sly-looking man in a low-crowned bowler hat sitting on the driver's seat. And Boxer's stall was empty.
- Jim walked out back of the Starbucks area to find an old dilapidated motorcycle sitting out back just waiting for him to get on to it. He did so, brushing off a generous helping of dust, and looked for the method to start it. Alas, since the author knows very little about these idiotic devices other than what he hears people talking about at work it seems that Jim Stalin is going to just have to wing it.
- There are three major trends at work in our market: outdoor sports in general and rock climbing in particular are gaining exposure.
- "No doubt, no doubt. As I was saying," the Minister went on, "we have, of course, our own scientists at work on it. Analysing, you know."
- He had been at work in the main coal section, when he was knocked down by a rake of runaway hutches.
- Deduction of wages for those working on a commission basis fairness at work white paper: family friendly policies casual about employe status?
- When he had ascended the hill and reached the little village street, he saw for the first time peasant militiamen in their white shirts and with crosses on their caps, who, talking and laughing loudly, animated and perspiring, were at work on a huge knoll overgrown with grass to the right of the road.
- Alpatych, arriving from the devastated Bald Hills estate, sent for his Dron on the day of the prince's funeral and told him to have twelve horses got ready for the princess' carriages and eighteen carts for the things to be removed from Bogucharovo. Though the peasants paid quitrent, Alpatych thought no difficulty would be made about complying with this order, for there were two hundred and thirty households at work in Bogucharovo and the peasants were well to do. But on hearing the order Dron lowered his eyes and remained silent. Alpatych named certain peasants he knew, from whom he told him to take the carts.
- When his alarm went off the next morning, Dave got up for just long enough to leave a message at work to say he wouldn’t be in, and then went back to bed until nearly noon. He was exhausted - despite the fact that he and Liza had been home before eleven the night before, it had been nearly three before he had finally been able to get to sleep. When he finally got up, it was only so he could get his computer to check the news.
- Guidance on fire safety at work this section provides useful sources of information on fire safety in the workplace.
- I got interested in exhibition late chrysanthemums after seeing the flowers that a colleague at work had grown.
- Whirring from the previous evenings 3 hour meeting at work - aargh indeed!
- Inspired, I decide to take a stab at writing a grant. That evening, and the next, I tell Scott to go ahead and eat without me. I stay at work and, above and beyond my regular tasks, I work on a grant to produce an audio series that focuses on the economic reality of the area.
- A clause in a group insurance policy that requires a new member or one with an increase in cover, to be at work (or on holiday i.e. not absent due to sickness, industrial action, etc.) on the day of joining/day of increase.
- Dave’s apartment was probably only seven kilometres from his work, but it was on the other side of the central city, so it took nearly an hour to get from one to the other. The trip in to the central bus station was pretty quick, even if the bus was running late and he decided to walk it; but the trip across town and out to Newtown was torturous. There was no way to leave early enough to miss the rush hour traffic, and leaving late enough to avoid it meant sticking around at work till well after six. Because he had been so late in that morning, Dave did stay late, and should have had a quick ride home as his reward, but between the rain, the crowds, and the trolley bus losing its connection to the overhead wires five times in as many kilometres, it was after seven and pitch black outside by the time his feet hit the narrow alleyway that led to his basement apartment.
- We walked in silence, arriving at the cottage moments later. I walked in the door and made eye contact with Johna, who was still hard at work grinding herbs.
- Morgen also hands out gifts for me and Scott from our family, most of which we won’t be able to keep because we simply don’t have the room. We’re excited about a portable DVD player, though, with a rechargeable battery, which I’ll be able to plug in and recharge at work.
- Breaching section 3(1 ) of the health and safety at work etc. act 1974 ( hswa ).
- My brain was still whirring from the previous evenings 3 hour meeting at work - aargh indeed!
- Our god is at work in the world; therefore we need not become frantic.
- Watch our experts at work while they uncover fossils in the paleontology conservation unit.
- Sockme psychologists explain such aberrations as being akin to the crowd behavior mechanism at work in the " bobby sox craze.
- Busy at work were brick layers, hedge choppers, a bulldozer and one rather happy-looking bunch knee-high in black sludge.
- Always Stating The Really Obvious. Various uses at work and play. Similar to calling a person 'Captain Obvious', which is very amusing as well. See also STBO. (Ack D)
- The hard work continues. Scott brings Morgen back after dropping me off at work the next day, and the next. It becomes a routine: the two of them tend the garden while I work nine-hour days at the radio station, raising money to fill the station’s ever-increasing needs. When I get home, I make dinner and clean up the small cabin that has dishes piled in the sink and dirt all over the floors from Scott and Morgen’s boots and gloves. At night I listen to Morgen’s stories of the bean plants’ progress and the tiny flowers on the tomato plants.
- You cannot rat out a coworker who shows up at work with a massive hangover.
- In the walled garden itself you can see new resident blacksmith hard at work making decorative ironwork in his working forge.
- Escalateications should also include a change management strategy, to prevent any changes at work escalating into a crisis situation.
- Secondhand smoke at work is also the second most common trigger of asthma attacks.
- An account that permits individuals to set aside money for retirement, with earnings tax-deferred until withdrawals begin at age 59½ or later. (Required minimum distributions from an IRA begin at age 70½; withdrawals prior to age 59½ may incur a 10% penalty.) Contributions may be tax-deductible for individuals who do not participate in a pension plan at work or who do participate and meet certain income guidelines. Other individuals can make contributions to an IRA on a non-deductible basis and still enjoy tax-deferred earnings. (See also Roth IRA.)
- It can seem surprising that an experience that lasts just a micro-moment can have any lasting effect on your health and longevity. Yet I learned that there's an important feedback loop at work here, an upward spiral between your social and your physical well-being.
- A Heifer saw an Ox hard at work harnessed to a plow, and tormented him with reflections on his unhappy fate in being compelled to labor. Shortly afterwards, at the harvest festival, the owner released the Ox from his yoke, but bound the Heifer with cords and led him away to the altar to be slain in honor of the occasion. The Ox saw what was being done, and said with a smile to the Heifer: "For this you were allowed to live in idleness, because you were presently to be sacrificed."
- Hand-arm vibration: the control of vibration at work regulations 2005.
- In december 1995 whilst at work one day i had 2 epileptic convulsions in the space of 5 minutes.
- Employees are often hesitant to do anything risky at work when the economy is bad and jobs are scarce. Organizers say they were successful because they harnessed frustration with growing nationwide inequality to engage members during the recession.
- Serenity glanced at her watch. Almost six; Jackson expected her home in the next half hour. Her stomach twisted into a knot of anxiety. Could she get away with not telling him and pretend to leave for work as usual the next day? She toyed with the idea briefly. Jackson called her at work several times a day and he’d discover the truth soon enough. Even if he didn’t, he’d known her the whole of her adult life and would see through her in a moment. Lying to him would only make matters worse.
- "The answers," Tumulty said, "are that no foreign claim to the Stone has any validity, that Professor Palliser and I are at work on an investigation of its qualities, and that I cannot tell You how many stones exist for a reason I can show you." He felt in his pocket again.
- "Let me introduce Master Sergeant Saipele Manaea, your immediate commander and fiance. This is Miss Edith Lachey, your chaperon. They'll be with you at all times, day and night, at work or at home, at table or in bed."
- A quick find and busy hunt around the large pond saw hounds hard at work before catching 1 mink on the bottom island.
- Further info for staying cool whilst staying smart at work can also be found online in summer time work elegance.
- Our sandwich team had meanwhile been hard at work to supply more sustenance for the hard working players.
- Terms of adequacy keith explains making auto insurance Bryan texas the carriers which at work to.
- Sitting in the visitors’ room waiting for Belinda to be brought in, Dave found it hard to believe how much had happened in the last two weeks. It felt like two months, or maybe two years. Two weeks ago he’d been sitting here stressing about how much time at work he was missing. Not anymore. He had looked at the job ads on the weekend, but he hadn’t found much. It didn’t really seem like there was much out there. He’d wanted to feel depressed about that, but Liza wouldn’t let him. "Get over it," she’d said. "You’ve got skills, you’ll find a way to use them. Not worth worrying about." And surprisingly enough, he hadn’t. Considering what he and Liza had accomplished so far, it seemed ridiculous to worry about something as minor as finding another job before his savings account ran dry.
- "No I wasn't stalking anybody!" Seth remarked towards Jaxon. "I met you at work and thought you were interesting, puzzling is more accurate I suppose. Then my observations of Caislyn led me back to you and with all the talk of how the prophecy is supposed to be fulfilled soon, you tended to raise some questions considering you were supposed to be human and performing some rather inhuman feats."
İngilizce'nizi geliştirmenin en iyi yollarından bir tanesi çokça okumaktır. Bu amaçla Blue Sözlük size aradınız her kelime için bol miktarda örnek cümle sunmaktadır. Bunun yanında İngilizce internet sitelerini okuyabilir, anlamını merak ettiğiniz kelimenin üzerine gelerek anlamını görebilirsiniz. İngilizce bir internet sitesi okumak için tıklayınız.
- Aradığınız kelimenin sonuçlarını kelime listenize eklemek için işaretine tıklayınız. Listeye eklemiş olduğunuz kelimeleri görmek için ana menüden Kelime Listesine tıklayınız. Eğer kelimeyi listenize daha önce eklemişseniz, bu işaret şeklinde görünecektir.
- Aradığınız İngilizce kelimeler için örnek cümleler sonuçların hemen altında verilmektedir.
- Aradığınız kelimenin sonuçlarını word belgesi olarak kaydetmek için işaretine tıklayınız.